Monday, March 17, 2008

No Death, No Fear

No Death, No Fear
by Thich Nhat Hanh


Published in 2003. 208 pages.

No Death, No Fear


What its about(taken from amazon.com): A well-respected Zen holy man and poet, Thich Nhat Hanh offers a way to regard life that addresses the fear most people have of death. His worldview transcends the physical manifestations we're accustomed to regarding reality. Nhat Hanh says that our true being is not segmented by birth or death--it exists across space and time, manifesting only when causes and conditions are right. These ideas represent the deeper layers of Zen thought and may be difficult to access for the beginner, but to the intermediate Zen student, this will be a rich and sustaining listening experience.

My thoughts about this book: Well...it definitely was not my favorite. Maybe because I would fall under the 'beginner' category? (as stated above). I thought this book was slow and repetitive. He definitely makes some good points which led me to think about things in a slighty different way. Overall, I would not recommend it. My brother has highly recommended some of Hanh's other books, so maybe I will try reading something else from him in the future. For now, I am going to read some more fiction!

When I finished it: March 16, 2008

Currently reading: Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

No comments: