Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun weekend...went too fast!

Thursday 3/6
Moms flight arrived early 11:30am, I dropped triplets off at school, then went to pick up Mom at the airport. We stopped for lunch, just the two of us. She was the mystery reader in Megan & Morgan's class. It was nice for her to meet their friends and teachers.
Friday 3/7
It was a rainy cold day, so we just relaxed at home. The triplets didn't have school, so we played and then took a long nap. For Friday night movie night we watched Nanny McPhee with the girls. After they went to bed, Tim, Mom and I watched the movie Mystic River with Sean Penn (one of my all time favorite actors!) and Tim Robbins.
Saturday 3/8
Sean & Holly arrived around 10am and Brian got here by 10:30am. We all ate a late breakfast together and sat around talking for a few hours. Then we decided to venture out into the cold, rainy wind. First we drove out to the OC boardwalk to eat at Mack's pizza. That is one of Sean's favorite things to do while he's here, so we wanted to make sure to get there. They had Tshirts on clearance for $5, so I got one for each of the girls (pink). Then we stood outside under the canopy to watch the rain over the ocean. The boardwalk was covered in fog, it was pretty cool to see.







After lunch, we went to the OC library so we could show everyone and look around. I had posted about my trip there with Tim about a week ago. This was the first time for the girls to see it and they LOVED it! There are kid computers all throughout the children's section, which have preloaded games on them. Plus there are bins of books the girls could take out, look at and put back wherever (didn't have to go back in a certain spot). I checked out 2 books and we got a few for the girls.
The weather was still crappy at that point, so we drove out to the Hamilton Mall to walk around. They have a brand new indoor playground which is awesome for the girls to play.




When we left the mall, the sun was shining and the clouds were gone! It was beautiful. We came home around 6pm. My mom stayed here with the girls and we (Sean, Holly, Brian, Tim & I) walked to the church around the corner. They were having a Chili-cookoff/buffet. It was actually really good and fairly inexpensive. It was the first time we've ever gone to a function at that church and it was nice.
Then it was time for the girls to go to bed. All of the adults spent the next few hours talking, debating and having a few drinks. Sean & Holly left around 11pm and they said the wind was horrible for their ride home. Brian decided to sleep overnight and drive home in the morning.
Sunday 3/9
Brian left early. We went to the second service of church (11am) because we had such a late night and lost an hour of sleep by changing the clocks. After church, we went to have brunch at IHOP and it was sooooo good! Unfortunately there was a long wait and the girls got pretty antsy (so did I, we were very hungry).
Once again, we came home to snuggle and take a nap. If I havent mentioned it before, I love naps! We ate dinner here, watched some TV, and played. My mom likes to play the card game 'Old Maid' with the girls every time she sees them, so they played that before bed. We were all starting to feel sad that the time was coming for Mommom to leave soon.
Monday 3/10
Today was just a slow day at home. I helped my mom create a blog, which she is having fun with. Also, on Saturday I had created a blog for my brother Sean. And Brian is talking about starting one too. So soon we will be a blogging family! I will share the links to their blogs once they start writing posts. So today, my mom and I worked on her blog. I also saved lots of pictures onto a CD for her to take home.

The time came too quickly to take her to the airport. Luckily, we were all able to take her together and we dropped her off around 4:30pm for a 6pm departure.
The rest of the night has been normal family stuff. I made dinner and cleaned the kitchen. Kaitlyn did her homework. The girls played school in the playroom. Tim did some work on his computer. Now the girls are bathed and in bed and Tim & I are looking forward to relaxing in front of the TV.

3 comments:

Sean said...

Hey there we had an awesome time on Saturday and cant wait to come back down. Well since I consider all of Kim and Tim's friends our friends I would like all of you to visit my blog. http://www.seansfourcorners.blogspot.com/ I would also like to say wow that first photo did me no justice at all boy do I need a haircut.LOL

CKF said...

Hey Kim!
Wow, you got your family blogging-I am so impressed! And it sounds like not only was it a good week but a very fun filled one. I love reading about all your adventures-much more exciting than me! Although I have to get my butt in gear and update myself since my birthday lol!
Talk to you soon-idol tonight!!

Count Your Blessings said...

Sean I am going to make a new post tomorrow with a link to your blog! I think its very interesting!
Colleen, I check your site like 3 times a day looking for an update?!?!?!