Tuesday, February 19, 2008

101 Things About Me

101 Things about Myself

1. I am a stay-at-home mom of four, all girls
2. I unintentionally proofread everything, often finding errors in books, advertisements, on signs, in magazines, on business cards.
3. I have triplets.
4. It drives me crazy when people scratch the plate with their knife or fork, or ball up their straw wrappers.
5. I have a dog and 2 cats.
6. I drive a 2008 Nissan Armada.
7. I love to make scrapbooks.
8. I love to take pictures (almost addicted!)
9. My favorite color is purple.
10. My favorite dessert is (gooey) brownies.
11. I love to watch reality TV.
12. I write in a thankful journal every night.
13. I love to read (fiction & non-fiction).
14. I don’t like to drive at night or in the rain.
15. My favorite pizza is Mack ‘n Mancos on the boardwalk.
16. I love chocolate ice cream and milkshakes.
17. I have been married for almost 10 years (8/1998).
18. I have been in a relationship with him for almost 15 years (9/2003).
19. I met my husband when we were in 8th grade (15 years old).
20. I have owned 3 homes (this is our third).
21. I am not allergic to anything.
22. My favorite season is summer (and late-spring, early-fall).
23. I highly dislike winter.
24. I can’t do a cartwheel.
25. I love to go boating.
26. I love the beach, but don’t like the clean-up of sand afterward.
27. I use soap in the shower and don’t like shower gel.
28. I bring a cup of ice water to bed with me every night.
29. I am not a morning person.
30. I enjoy Jay Leno’s ‘Headlines’ on Monday nights.
31. I have way too many clothes (half of which don’t fit me).
32. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from WCU.
33. I started babysitting when I was 10 years old.
34. My most recent job was working with Autistic children.
35. I hate putting laundry away.
36. My favorite electronics are: my laptop, DVR, camera.
37. I like to burn candles or oil burners.
38. I hate scooping the cat litter.
39. I love to make lists.
40. I wear a size 10 shoe.
41. I spell all curse words (even questionable ones) since having children.
42. I am pretty cheap (frugal is a nicer way to say it!)
43. I am pretty bad at calling people back (sorry!)
44. I have 2 brothers and no sisters.
45. I usually tell it how it is, so you always know how I feel.
46. I go to church every Sunday (non-denominational).
47. My favorite part about church is the music.
48. I love hot wings (miss our favorites from PA).
49. My face is acne-prone (never recovered from the teenage years).
50. I don’t like change, and take a long time to recover from it.
51. I prefer to be around people rather than alone.
52. I have broken one bone (right arm when I was 7 years old).
53. I come up with nicknames for most people.
54. I love to take naps.
55. My family is my #1 passion.
56. I like to keep a 5-year plan (which we update each year).
57. I went to France, Italy & Switzerland in high school.
58. I have been to Disney World in Florida more than 8 times.
59. I have been to Disney Land in California 1 time (Jan 2003, pregnant with triplets, awful)
60. I am grossed out by chewing gum (don’t even like when others do it).
61. I sleep on my belly most times.
62. I have a heater next to my bed that I use to warm my feet at night.
63. I would like to be a guidance counselor ‘one day’.
64. I cannot drive a stick shift (manual transmission) car very well.
65. My first car was a 1981 Oldsmobile (white). Second was a 1987 Dodge Daytona (red).
66. I love to sing in the car (but I’m not very good).
67. I love Orange Soda.
68. My favorite alcoholic beverage is Kahlua & Cream.
69. I have a horrible memory.
70. I have negative blood type (rare) and so does my husband (it was fate!)
71. I have collected all of the State Quarters and only need the 2008 ones.
72. I read the entire ‘Sweet Valley High’ books when I was aged 10-15.
73. I am a Gemini.
74. I have never taken any drugs (except alcohol).
75. I got married at age 23, just 3 months after graduating college.
76. My ears are both double pierced, but I rarely wear earrings.
77. My favorite games are: Boggle, Yahtzee, Scattergories, Skip-Bo
78. My favorite smells: hyacinths, fireplace, after-rain freshness, my girls after tubbies, pages of a new book
79. I avidly recycle, but do not consider myself to be overly eco-friendly.
80. I am neither Democrat nor Republican: in 2000 I voted for Gore, in 2004 I voted for Bush (kicking myself now, but didn’t like Kerry).
81. I am proud to be an American.
82. I am not easily impressed with comedy; I laugh more at real-life situations.
83. I pay all of our bills online through our bank’s website.
84. I fear dying and leaving my children without a mother.
85. I am also afraid of our home burning down in a fire.
86. I would love the thrill of sky-diving, but know that I will probably never have the nerve to do it.
87. I really dislike grocery shopping and putting groceries away.
88. I do not drink coffee, prefer tea or hot chocolate.
89. My goal for this year is to learn to live in the moment, not look back at the past or ahead to the future as much.
90. I dread the end of vacation before it even begins.
91. I am generally impatient.
92. I rarely get to bed before midnight.
93. I did not want to know the sex of our first child, but found out with the triplets (figured we had enough surprises at that point!)
94. I am not coordinated or athletic.
95. I hate to be late (rarely was late until I had kids).
96. I wear a watch every day and feel naked without it.
97. I prefer to be one-on-one or in a small group, rather than large groups.
98. I have an extremely strong sense of smell, to the point it makes me ill quite often.
99. I am thankful to have 20/20 vision…still.
100. Rarely watch TV live, I always want to fast forward commercials. I mute the TV when commercials are on (drives my family nuts!)
101. I couldn’t swallow pills until I was almost 20 years old.


No comments: