Sunday, March 2, 2008

Finally Feeling Better!!

Thank GOD! I am definitely not 100%, but at least 80% better! I'm not sure exactly what triggered it, but I changed a few things. First, I took the strong decongestant that the doctor gave me. I stopped taking that awful antibiotic (Amoxicillin). Also, my friend who was here this weekend is a massage therapist and she gave me a great massage on my whole head, sinuses, neck and shoulders. She did that yesterday and again today. Honestly, I think thats what gave me the boost in getting better (thank you Anita!) So, that is the #1 thing I am thankful for tonight.

#2 I am thankful that it is March - finally, it is March! That means soon it will be St. Patty's Day, the first day of Spring, we change the clocks AND Easter! I cant wait to smell the hyacinths (one of my all-time favorite smells).

#3 Tim is scheduled to come home tonight. We're not sure for how long, but even one night is better than nothing (although I would much prefer it to be for a few days!)

And the thing I am MOST THANKFUL FOR tonight is the awesome visit we had with our friends Carl, Anita & Ryan (aka Baby Ryan, Ry Guy)!!


They came Saturday and stayed overnight and left late this afternoon. I had such a wonderful time with them. And of course we love seeing Ryan - especially Megan, she just adores him! Yesterday we stayed home during the day, so the kids could play and the adults could talk and 'catch up'. We ate lunch together here and Ryan took a little nap. Then we all went out - we actually all fit in one car, pretty amazing! We went to Friendly's for dinner and yummy ice cream sundaes.

This morning, we all got up and out early so we could go to church together. It was kind of a 'strange' service today, but I will post about that later. After church, we drove out to the mall and actually got there before it even opened! Anita & Carl bought each of the girls special 'treats'. Mainly to get a locking diary for Kaitlyn, because she was complaining that she always writes in her journal, but her sisters write over it and rip it out. Then we took the kids to play in the new indoor play area in the mall. They had a blast. It has a really soft foam floor and all foam structures and slides to climb on. Unfortunately, I didnt have my camera, so we missed some really good photo ops. Then we went up to the food court for lunch, and headed home. Carl had bought Cinnabon's for everyone and it was the first time the girls and I ever had them. WOW! I could eat one every day, although I'm sure I'd gain 100 pounds!! Then it was time for them to go already :( Of course, there was lots of fun and laughs in between all of that also! What a great, refreshing weekend!

2 comments:

CKF said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! I have been thinking of you!I am glad you had a good weekend visit and I will be posting my own update with photos-plus that photo meme I did:)

Yeah on March-its my fave too but that is b/c its my birthdaY! Talk to you soon!

CKF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.