Wednesday, February 27, 2008

TV Talk ~ American Idol

Last night the remaining 10 guys sang. Tonight, the 10 girls sang.

I think this week went better than last week, overall. But there is really only one guy singer that I like...

David Archuleta, the little 17 year old cutie pie. He has a great voice, good stage presence and (so far) is not full of himself, letting it get to his head. He is just an all around likeable guy.


Another guy that I kind of like (and definitely never thought I would) is...

Danny Noriega. He is an 18 year old, kind of funky and quirky guy and really funny personality. I can see that he could become highly annoying though, so he better watch that.


I think Luke Menard is really cute, but his personality is a dud. I had to laugh when Ryan Seacrest referred to him as Luke Perry...so true! Jason Castro looks like a hippee or something with all that crazy hair. And Jason Yeager looks a bit like Nick Lachey in my opinion, no complaints here!

As for the girls, my stand out fave is...

Brooke White. I thought she did great tonight, had great stage presence playing her guitar and she's so cute. She's also a nanny which I think is cool!


And probably my second favorite girl is...

Kady Malloy is only 18 years old, seems the younger ones have an edge this season. She is gorgeous, sings well and is funny when she does her impressions of Britney Spears and Shakira, etc.


Carly Smithson is interesting - she's Irish I think and speaks with a fun accent. She's one of my top picks for the girls. I really don't care for Amanda Overmyer - she looks freaky and doesn't really sing that well. It's almost like she tries too hard.

So, we'll see who goes home tomorrow night. I don't even have a guess this week. I just hope its not one of my faves!

1 comment:

CKF said...

ok-I should go post who I like! Gonna get on that....:)

I can say I agree 100% with you about Amanda-just doesn't do it for me. She is scary! I like David too and for the girls I like Ramiele. Carly is not bad but there is just something about her that doesn't do it for me-maybe its all the hype:) I am not a fan of Danny but he can sing. I like the australian and the dreads guy though even thouh i didn't think I would-and they were not so great this week but I hope they are around a little longer!

Hope you are feeling better!!!