Monday, February 18, 2008

A Hot Cup of Tea...

Yep, you guessed it, we're not feeling any better today.
It is awful.
I was up all night last night. When I checked the girls at midnight, Kaitlyn felt like she was on fire. I woke her to take Tylenol. Then realized she was struggling to breathe. It was so scary. I brought her into my bed and set her up on the wheezy machine (nebulizer). Around 2:45am, her temp went up instead of down, so it was time for a nice bath. I threw in all the toys that have been tucked under the sink since we moved in, so she felt really cozy in there. Meanwhile, it seemed the temp came down finally, so I brought her into bed. I stayed awake all night listening to her raspy breathing.
Of course the triplets woke up at 7am like usual, so they came into my room and we snuggled in bed watching TV. Next thing I knew, Morgan was moaning in pain, I touched her forehead....yep, you guessed it - burning up. And, as the day went on, it just all continued. We spent most of the day watching TV and lounging. I made them chicken soup for dinner but they really didnt eat it.
Showers were a struggle as they all screamed for the most part. Finally, in bed. Then I took a refreshing shower and by the time I was out, they were asleep. That fast. My poor babies.
So now, I am snuggled in my rocker, with a hot cup of tea, ready for some mindless reality TV to take my mind away. At this point, Tim cant come home soon enough. Baby, we miss you, hurry home...

1 comment:

CKF said...

Feel better!!! I hear this flu thing is going around! get better quick!