Monday, February 11, 2008

30 Days to Live




http://30daystolive.tv/

You have 30 days to live.
What is the ONE thing you would do with your last days?

Our church is starting this 4-week series next weekend and it has really got me thinking. At first, it sounded a bit depressing. But, I'm sure this thought has crossed your mind at one point in time or another. The more I think about it, the more I am taking it as a challenge for my own life. I know there are many things I put off for another time, a better time. Using excuses like: We dont have the money, Maybe when the girls are older, There isnt enough time, I am not good enough for that. I want to stop the excuses. It's time to start LIVING...
Check out the website above to discover practical approaches to apply as you begin to live in the moment, live for eternity, leave a legacy, and fight for peace.
Here are some ideas from that website:

1. Think through the things you want your family to know and begin to impart this knowledge to them.
-Write a letter
-Make a video recording
-Post it on a blog
-Tell them
2. Ask yourself how you want people to remember you and then start living accordingly.
-Create a list of these qualities, actions and set goals to help you accomplish them
3. Discover your impact on the world? What can you offer the world that no one else can?
-Create a family/personal vision
-Discover and define your passion

Also, there was recently a movie released with this similar question posed. I have not seen it yet, but would definitely like to check it out... The Bucket List is a 2007 American film directed by Rob Reiner and starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The story follows two terminally ill men on a road trip with a wish list of things to do before they die. Both are diagnosed with less than one year to live. Carter begins writing a "bucket list," or things to do before "he kicks the bucket."
The pair then begin an around-the-world vacation, embarking on everything from race car driving to sky diving to climbing the Pyramids to hunting lions in Africa. Along the way they discuss faith and family, and learn from each other.

I think I may create a 'Bucket List' of my own. What do you think? Are there one or two specific things you would want to do or say if you only had 30 days to live?

Check out the song above (under the Countdown to Spring)...it was inspired by this post. (FYI...I change the song each week)

“Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away. My life is no longer than the width of my hand. An entire lifetime is just a moment to you; human existence is but a breath.” Psalms 39:4-5 NLT

No comments: