Sunday, February 17, 2008

100th Post!

I can't believe this is my 100th post already! I feel like so much has changed since my very first post last August. In some ways, the past 6 months have felt like a lifetime has gone by, in other ways, it seems like just yesterday. I have really come to enjoy blogging, it is like my online journal where I can post pictures and updates along the way. And I am thankful for those of you who check it on a regular basis, even though it may be boring at times, it feels good to know that you care! ;) And of course, I LOVE the comments too!!

This weekend started out great and ended a bit rough for me. I was very excited, my cousin Tommy took off work on Friday and came down around 12noon. The girls had off school Friday and they have off tomorrow too for President's Day. We had an awesome time Friday - my friend Jennifer watched the girls so Tommy & I could go out to celebrate his (27th!!) birthday. We went for dinner and drinks at Chickies & Petes then went to walk around the Hamilton Mall for a bit. We were able to talk about a lot of things and it was nice to spend some 'adult' time together, since usually our time is spent with the girls.

Yesterday, we stayed home the whole day. I just wasnt feeling quite right, then later in the day Megan and Kaitlyn both spiked fevers and had terrible coughs. Tommy's girlfriend Kim came down later in the afternoon and we ordered Chinese take-out for dinner. We did get to use the webcam with Mommom and Poppop for awhile which was really nice. Gotta love modern technology! The girls love seeing them and talking to them through the computer! It was an early-to-bed night and thats when things went downhill for me. I felt awful. I had the chills, then started sweating. Definitely felt feverish. A choking cough from deep in my chest. Upset stomach. I was exhausted but couldnt sleep. It was terrible. Around 5am I tried turning on the TV (nothing like a little 'Threes Company' and 'The Brady Bunch' when you're feeling sick!)

I was soooo upset that we missed church this morning. That new series was starting today, so I'll have to get caught up on our church website to listen online. Thanks to Kim and Tommy taking care of the girls, I was able to sleep most of the day. They even took the girls for a walk on the bike path down to the park to play for awhile this afternoon. I am so grateful for their help today. I dont know what I would have done without them here. I couldnt even move. At one point, I tried coming downstairs, but had to go right back up (with a cup of hot tea).

Unfortunately, the time came when Tommy and Kim had to leave (they stayed 4 hours past the time they meant to leave!) Luckily the girls went right to sleep, and now I am about to go up to bed myself. Tim is in Las Vegas until Tuesday night, so one way or the other, I have to pull myself together. Here's hoping that we all feel better tomorrow, after a good night's sleep. So we can enjoy a nice day home together with no school. And I really hope that we didnt make Kim and Tommy sick, I made them eat some Vitamin C before they left!

2 comments:

CKF said...

Wow 100 posts! I am so impressed! I hope you feel better. I was not right myself yesterday, but more achey and I slept but not as bad as it sounds like you had. I hope today things go well for you and everyone is healthy!
thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

So excited to read!! And was thrilled that we made the Blog!! I have to say that the night that you guys came for dinner has been a highlight of our moving to the area. The Bike path story is one of the greatest stories!!!
Jen