Thursday, February 28, 2008

Delayed sunset!

I noticed today for the first time, it is staying lighter later - hurray! I looked outside at 5pm when we usually sit down to eat dinner and the sun was still out! Just a few weeks ago, it was totally dark by 5pm. I am SO thankful! In fact, it didnt start getting dark until almost 5:45pm, yippee! This is a sure sign that Spring is on its way! Nevermind the 20 degree temperatures outside right now and pending snow/ice for the weekend!

I still feel like crap, it's just ridiculous at this point. And of course, my dr is closed on Thursdays (hence the reason I had to go to that clinic last Thurs). So, I'll try to get in with her tomorrow. I was getting awful side effects from that antibiotic, and no benefits, so I decided to stop taking it today after 7 days on it.

Our friend Jennifer took Kaitlyn to school yesterday and today (and offered again tomorrow). What a huge blessing and help this has been for me. It means I dont have to drag all of the girls out of the house, or rush out myself in the cold with feeling sick.

I did take the triplets to gymnastics this morning, they love it so much so I didnt have the heart to make them miss it. I just curled up on a chair and read my book. They are doing great with it too. All four girls get progress stickers to put on a chart and all of them are accomplishing a lot already, it's exciting for them!

Also, I volunteered at the school library today. That is something I have missed so much. Last year, I was in Kaitlyn's school at least once per week, either helping in her classroom, for picture day, etc. So it felt good to be there today, meeting some teachers and feeling like a part of the school 'team'. Another mom volunteered with me and it turns out her son is in preschool with Megan and Morgan. So we talked a lot and she invited me to join a book club she belongs to. I am excited. I have always wanted to join a book club, I love to read. But before I can join, I have to talk to one of the head members I guess, there are like 25 women in the group! I felt sick to begin with and by the end, I had a raging sharp-pain headache. So I had to lay down at home while the girls watched a movie after school. They have been SO GOOD for me and I am very thankful for that as well. Its like they are old enough to understand now and they're being good to me.

Tomorrow is Leap Day! So, at school they are doing a frog theme. Kaitlyn has to wear green, bring in a green snack for the class and bring something with a frog (she chose a Froggy book). Also, she is part of an assembly about consideration of others, where she will make a small speech in front of the whole school. She's nervous, but we've been practicing at home and I know she'll do great! Then tomorrow night there is a school winter carnival from 5-8pm. I am curious what it will be like, the girls are excited!

I signed up for facebook yesterday, so if you have an account, let me know and we can 'hook up'! ;) It was kind of by chance, but it seems cool. I have already gotten in touch with two different people that I hadnt talked to in over 2 years! Well off to watch Survivor and Celebrity Apprentice...my old faithful reality TV!

No comments: