Monday, February 25, 2008

Sinus infection & the flu

Last Thursday night Tim brought me to the doctor (actually a 'clinic', I'll explain later). Turns out I do have a sinus infection, but also seem to have the flu along with it. So now I am on antibiotics and he also gave me meds for the pain. Here I am, 3 days later and still feeling like crap. Maybe that's why I'm not quick to go to the doctor.

Anyway, long story short, here in NJ, it seems there arent group practices of doctors, but rather each doctor works independently. Therefore, they are generally only open certain hours, certain days of the week. Unfortunately, my doctor's office was closed on Thursday. So, there is a state-run facility (which I call a clinic sort of place). They are open every night and weekends to make up for the hours the regular doctors offices are closed. It is kind of like an Emergency Room (even has the $50 deductible of the ER). All of the 'regular doctors' apparently take turns working shifts at this clinic. It turns out, I was treated by my actual doctor's husband, which shows that it really is a small world, or maybe this is just a small town.

Anyway, I am debating if I still feel this bad tomorrow that I should call my regular doctor to see if maybe I need some different meds.

I thought I was feeling slightly better yesterday, at least I was able to get out of bed. But then we drove to PA to get our taxes done and I just felt horrible. Once again, I was unable to get out of bed today. Which totally sucked because I missed church AGAIN (the 30 Days to Live series). **sigh** Tim took the girls though, so at least they didnt have to miss church this week.

I am so incredibly ready for Spring and spending time outside in the fresh air. So, notice the new header at the top and the countdown...25 days to go.

On an exciting side note, please keep Tim's brother and his wife in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow, as she is going to be induced to deliver their first baby together. I will keep you posted on the details (and hopefully pictures!!)

Also, friends of ours in PA are going through a rough time with some childcare issues for my favorite little guy. So please, send some positive thoughts their way as well. I know they will make the right decision and it will all work out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been out of the loop and didn't know you were sick. Hope you are finally feeling better now! We'll talk soon.

CKF said...

I hope you are feeling better! I know a few months back ben had a flu that turned to sinus infection and was not fun. I hope the meds are making you better. I was thinking of you and hoping things were better!!! I know I have not posted myself in a week but I will post soon-got some new pics of Jai's kids:)
Talk to you soon-big hugs and big wishes for healthy days ahead!

Count Your Blessings said...

I am still not feeling well. This is crazy, the most sick I have ever been. Unfortunately, Tim leaves on a trip tomorrow at 5am and I will be alone with the girls. I am praying to wake up miraculously healthy!

CKF said...

I hope you are feeling better! I wish I was closer and could help!! Stay strong-it all works out:)