Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thankful

I am feeling thankful tonight. I have been reading blogs of families that are going through some serious issues in their lives. And saw on the news about a huge fire in Pottstown today - although no one was injured many are now left homeless. I think of the troops overseas, fighting for their lives and being away from their families. The list is endless.
I just feel I have so much to be thankful for. A husband who loves me. Four beautiful girls to drive me crazy. A warm house on a cold night. Healthy family. Ability to make warm nutritious meals for our family. Blessed to stay home with my girls. Living in a great school district, near the beach. Family and friends who truly care about us. Having the triplets in a great preschool that is FREE. I could go on and on, but you get the idea!
I have always kept a journal, for at least the last 10 years. Starting a few years ago, I have kept a daily journal. Tim jokes that every day of my life is documented! Two years ago, I decided to make it into a Gratitude Journal. So this is my third year with that. Honestly, it really does help me to focus on the positive things in my life. And each night at the top of the page, I list the Top 5 things that I am thankful for that day. Throughout the journal are quotes and scriptures about gratitude and thankfulness. I plan to share some of those here occasionally because they really speak to my heart. One I just read last night that I thought was really nice...
'Hem your blessings with gratitude so they don't unravel.' How true is that.

No comments: