Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

What an awesome day! It was busy, but so much fun!

First of all, today is the first day of Tim's week home. That says a lot right there! It gives me a sense of peace. Of feeling like I have a partner in this game of life - at least for the next 7 days!

So, Tim took Kaitlyn to school this morning. I got myself and the triplets ready - can I just mention how EXCITED they were about going to their first gymnastics class!! I never saw them get dressed so fast in their four and a half short years of life! heehee

Class started at 9:15am and they have the same teacher as Kaitlyn. Her name is CeeCee (not sure how to spell it?!) and she is a cute, spunky young girl who makes it even more fun then it probably already is. The triplets joined right in and followed the instructions step-by-step. We were so proud! Tim and I watched from the little 'glass box' they call the waiting room. It's kind of funny because we were thinking all along that Morgan would be the most successful with gymnastics because she is physically strong and loves to climb, flip, swing. But - to our surprise, Madison actually stood out as one that will excel to becoming our 'little gymnast'! That made me even more happy because up until this point, it has been hard for us to find a physical activity that Madison is able to succeed in. She tends to be a scaredy-cat so she doesnt like swimming, jumping, swinging - that kind of thing. But with this - it was great to see a transformation in our tiniest little triplet! And she was proud of herself which made it even better! Morgan did well also, dont get me wrong. But it was nice to see Madison 'stand out' like that. I believe Megan will benefit the most from this activity though. She has some issues with her balance and body awareness, so what better way then practicing on a balance beam, going through obstacle courses, and using her arms and legs in ways she never has before. I could tell it was a bit of a struggle for her, but she didnt give up and with regular practice, I know she will grow more confident in herself. Overall it was just a great experience. They had a lot of fun and didnt even realize all of these little 'life lessons' they were learning in the process... lol! ;)

After gymnastics, we went to KMart (the only reasonable store within 5 minutes of our house) to search for leotards. Thankfully, we were able to find 4 coordinating body suits that will fit and work wonderfully. They even tried them on after school and were so proud of themselves! We finished up at KMart then rushed home for lunch and then off to school for our dear triplets.

Tim and I signed up to be the 'Mystery Reader' in Megan and Morgan's classroom today, which they have every Thursday and it's always a surprise to the kids who it will be each week. The girls were SHOCKED to see us! We went to school at 2:30pm and Tim read the book 'Dont Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus'. He did great reading in front of the class (I think he was a bit nervous) and the kids were very engaged and really enjoyed it. Then we sat in circle with them and sung a really cute song about a snowman and a bunny rabbit eating his carrot nose...cute! We walked to get Madison and Kaitlyn from their classrooms and walked out of school as a cozy family. I guess it would make more sense to explain slightly how the process of picking them up usually goes. I try hard to find a parking space somewhere within walking distance (it gets crazy in that parking lot) - wait by one of the doors, collect 2 girls, wait by another door, collect a 3rd, then race to the front of the school to get Kaitlyn as her teacher is standing there and she is the only child left waiting to get picked up...sigh. Needless to say, it gets crazy, stressful and feeling quite rushed. So today, was slow, peaceful and a happy experience...very nice.

After school, we came home so Kaitlyn could do her homework and we got busy making dinner. Just before 5:00, our new friend Jennifer and her 3 children arrived to share a nice evening together. Tim made yummy pasta and chicken parmesan with garlic bread. It was really good! I swear I gain 10 pounds everytime he's home. So we all had a nice time. The kids played together and I must say, it was quite loud in this house. But Tim was able to keep them entertained which meant Jennifer and I got the chance to sit and chat and learn more about each other. We sat at the kitchen table for well over an hour just talking. That's what I've missed the most since we moved here. Being able to sit and chat with friends. So it was a fun, successful family day!

Sorry I dont have any pics of the girls doing gymnastics yet, I felt kind of strange to bring my camera during our very first class. And its kind of hard to get pics from our little 'glass room', but its my goal for next week. The girls asked me at least 25 times, 'When do we go to that place again?' None of the triplets can pronounce the word gymnastics correctly, which makes it even cuter to me!

Also, I will be registering all four girls for soccer tomorrow. This little town of ours has a community soccer league which starts at age 4 and goes through 6th grade. It is a relaxed, non-competitive and fun way to spend our Saturday mornings at the park through the months of April and May. Busy Busy!

2 comments:

Sean said...

I cant wait to see pictures from gymnastics. Esp. seeing Madison running and jumping with those little legs.

CKF said...

I am so glad it was a nice day and the girls like their class. I have to say I am not surprised about madison being so good and I am very glad to hear it. She reminds me a lot of a good childhood friend who did gymnastics and as soon as you told me they were doing it I had hoped she would like it. I cant wait to see the photos of all those girls! And soccer sounds like it will be a lot of fun too!