Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Are we sick?

Yesterday at pick-up time, Kaitlyn's teacher came to tell me that there have been several kids in her class with a stomach bug during the last week. This morning Kaitlyn woke up and told me that her belly wasnt feeling good. 'Oh boy, here we go.' I thought as I talked her through it and took her to school. It wasnt adding up because as she was telling me that she felt sick, she began playing with her sisters, then chasing the cat, speaking normally. But then she couldnt finish her breakfast and again at school made a yucky face and gave me those eyes.

I got two calls this morning from the school nurse regarding Kaitlyn. She had come down complaining a few times that her belly hurt, but there were no other symptoms and she was acting fine otherwise. Finally, on the third time, I said why dont I just come get her when I drop the triplets off for school (12:30pm) and let her come home to rest. The nurse also mentioned that Kaitlyn was the fifth student from that classroom that had come to her this morning with a stomachache. So that's what we did. When I got there, she was in the middle of her math test, so I told her to go finish that. She turned the corner all perky and gave me a big smile. When we got home, she asked if she could play in the playroom. To that of course, I replied 'No you are home sick so you need to rest.'
Now we are sitting together in the Family room watching Little Bear on TV - such a cozy little cartoon for those 'feeling sick' days. I'm not sure how much of this is in her head (knowing much of her class has a bug). But at this point, I plan to make the most of these precious 2 hours alone with my big baby girl. We're gonna snuggle on the couch and enjoy the calming voice of Little Bear like we used to do when she was oh so small.

1 comment:

CKF said...

I hope she feels better no matter if she is sick or just needed a little mom time:)