Monday, January 28, 2008

One of my Top 5!!

With Tim's job, he has met and flown many famous people. Celebrities, Politicians, Athletes, Authors, Businesspeople and so on. I have gotten excited about a few in the past and thought how cool his job is.

But last weekend was the first time I actually BEGGED Tim to get an autograph (and photo if possible!) Tim was hesitant. That is against all the rules and he could lose his job if the client got upset or was offended by him asking.

He picked up this special person in South Carolina, flew him to Kansas and waited, then flew him home to New York around 1:30am Sunday. I am in no way a political person, I'm struggling just to follow this current election process. But this particular person intrigued me back in 1993 and kept me interested for the next eight years. I know he made some 'mistakes' and I'm sure people have some negative things to say about him. But that in no way changes my opinion.

If I could choose the Top 5 people I would like to meet and speak with one day, he would definitely be at the top of my list. And Tim, the lucky dog, got to do that! My dear husband did not let me down -- he got me the autograph AND a photo! Of course, the whole crew is in the picture, but that's ok! So, I wanted to share with all of you ... you may not be as excited as I was, but I hope you can appreciate my excitement! See, it's the small things in life that keep me going! hee hee :)

He actually signed my book!


This picture was taken around 1:30am after a LONG day...

1 comment:

CKF said...

That is so cool. I saw him in Buffalo when I was in college. He and Al Gore and their wives spoke at the arena for all of buffalo and I volunteered to help so I got to watch too. Didn't talk to him or get close enough for a good photo but did get some photos of him on stage. I will try to find them to show you. Yeah!!! Go Bill (and go Tim!)