Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Finally Connected...

The girls and I had such a nice night tonight - we were invited to have dinner at a friend's house. Actually, I met her at the New Parent Orientation back in August - they moved here around the same time as us and her husband is gone all week for work and school. She has boy/girl twins who are in Kindergarten and a 2-year old daughter. So we have quite a bit in common already. We see each other every morning at drop-off and afternoon at pick-up at school. Up until now, we have really only talked at school. But last week, she mentioned it would be nice for us to get together while our husbands were away. She called over the weekend to invite us over tonight for dinner.
It was so nice to have adult conversation. The girls had fun playing with her kids. For the first time, I feel like I have made a 'connection' here in NJ. So now the girls are sleeping in bed and I'm watching American Idol feeling so relaxed and thankful!

1 comment:

CKF said...

I am so glad to hear that things went well. It is great for you and I hope you are feeling more at home in NJ soon enough:)

I will try to be online tonight for American Idol if I can!