Friday, January 11, 2008

Teamwork

A tribute to my honey:

It is hard for me to put into words how thankful I am to have Tim home! Its amazing how much more productive we are as a team. We've gotten more done in the last 2 days then I get done in a whole week when he's gone.
I just get this feeling of being complete when we're together. Not so overwhelmed. I'm sure it helps that he 'tries' to let me sleep in a bit (even an extra 20 minutes helps!) I dont have to race to get all 4 girls out the door by 8am. He helps me with meals, cleanup, taking care of the animals. We talk all day long. Watch TV together at night while we share a yummy dessert (I'm sure I gain 5 pounds each time he's home!)
Of course, the girls just hear him call their name and they behave. I dont like to admit that, but hey, it's the truth! So, life is more peaceful. I get to spend more time one-on-one with each girl, which is so nice.
And like right now, he is upstairs putting them to bed and I am sitting down here in complete silence spending time by myself. It is an amazing feeling.
Tonight, we went out to dinner at Pizza Hut. It was so cozy. We took advantage of their 3 medium pizzas for $15 and we even had leftovers to bring home!
This is what life is all about for me. I look forward to the week that he's going to be home. Of course the day he leaves again is always hard and I go through a rough adjustment. But for now, I am going to just enjoy the time that I have.
We have a busy weekend ahead of us. I promise to finish my holiday posts, now that we are almost through January, heehee!

1 comment:

CKF said...

I think that is a very sweet post and truly the basis for a good family and marriage. I am glad that you have it when he is around-I know its tough when he is not but like you said, you can enjoy the time he is, then look forward to the next time:)
big hugs:)