Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fun weekend

Kaitlyn seemed to feel better last night and this morning was acting totally normal. However, she still complained that her belly hurt, so we'll see. But I did send her to school and so far (1:00pm) no calls from the school nurse - that's a good thing!

I wanted to update about last weekend because we had such a nice time. My cousin Tommy and his fiance, Kim, came down last Friday afternoon (they both had off work) and they came to visit for the weekend. It was incredible. Truly. I am so thankful for their friendship. This was actually the first time that I really got to 'know' Kim and spend time with her, it was really nice.

So on Friday the triplets and I picked up Kaitlyn from school (they dont have school on Fridays). As we came down the street, they all screamed 'TOMMY!!!' when they saw him sitting there waiting for us. It took them a few minutes to warm up to Kim, but with my girls, that's all it takes - then she couldnt get them off of her! Luckily the weather was really nice, so we took the girls out back to play. They jumped on the trampolene, climbed on the play ship and I even got to snuggle one or two of the girls in the hammock. We all had a blast.

Then Tommy treated us for dinner and we ordered cheesesteaks and pizza from a local pizza place. It is amazing how much we take for granted when we have a certain life. I was so used to having company every weekend when we lived in PA, I didnt give it much thought. But now, it is so different. I treasure every moment, every meal, every conversation.

After dinner, we had movie night and watched Shrek 3 (a Christmas gift from Mommom and Poppop) and had popcorn. After the girls were in bed, Tommy and Kim went to Atlantic City for the night and I relaxed at home.

Saturday, we got up and out of the house fairly early and took the girls to the Atlantic City Aquarium. It's about 25 minutes from here and I had coupons, so we figured, 'Why not?' We had a nice time, but it was definitely one of those places that once you've been there, you don't hurry back any time soon! lol
After the aquarium, we got lunch at Wendy's and walked around the local mall - very small and bo bo (I think thats a word I made up heehee) But we enjoyed each other's company and even got to walk through a train display that is set up there year-round.
Then it was time to head home for naps - we were all so tired!
Saturday night, Tim and I went to a Murder Mystery Dinner Party at his work - so Tommy and Kim stayed and watched the girls. It is beyond words how thankful we were to have a night out and to know that the girls were well cared for (and even asleep in bed when we got home!) Unfortunately, Tim had an early morning flight the next day, so we were home before 11pm. But I am grateful that we had that time together.
Sunday morning, Tommy and I took the girls to church (Kim stayed home to rest because she hadnt slept well the night prior). Then we got lunch from the local deli (on the bike bath). It was just a nice, relaxing weekend and I really did enjoy every minute of it.

Here are a few pics I took of the girls with Tommy and Kim:
Jumping in the trampolene-

Resting-

Just after a silly game of duck, duck, goose-

1 comment:

CKF said...

I love the stories. It always sounds so exciting. You know, you can make a great "yearbook" with all the text you hace typed out and related photos in a storybook and treat yourelf for a gift at the end of the year. Its an idea I might steal too!

Ok-I am going to go try and do some photo stuff and maybe get my review post put together eventually!