Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kaitlyn Started Gymnastics

Kaitlyn started gymnastics today and she LOVED IT!! I am so excited for her. Unfortunately, Tim got called away on a trip just before it was time to pick up the girls from school, so he missed it. :( So I picked everyone up at 3pm at school, came home so Kaitlyn could do her homework, I gave the girls snack and started preparing dinner. Kaitlyn got changed, I loaded everyone into the car and arrived at the gym with 5 minutes to spare! The class starts at 4:00pm. It is actually less than 5 minutes from our house and on warm days, we will just walk up the bike path - it's that close!

So of course I had the triplets with me, which was kind of nice because they enjoyed watching Kaitlyn. And I think it helped prepare them for what to expect on Thursday when they start their class. Most parents just drop off and then come back after the class to pick up. At least for now, I wanted to stay and watch (overprotective, maybe?!) Kaitlyn went right in and although a bit quiet, she was not afraid and did everything right along with the class. I was really proud of her. They worked on the mats, practiced making bridges, forward and backward rolls, cartwheels, hand stands. Then they played on the uneven bars, and other equipment which I'm not sure the names of (I never had gymnastics as a child...)

While waiting, there were a few moms there as well which I got to meet. One mom also has 2 daughters that will be in the triplets class on Thursday, so I think we'll see them a lot! Also, there was another mom of triplets there - yes TRIPLETS! Can you believe it? They were all girls as well, 9 years old, and there for the first time. It was so nice to speak with her, she was so friendly! It is refreshing sometimes to talk with other moms of multiples (especially triplets) because you instantly have something in common. With just a look, you can say 'I understand'!

So, the class was over at 5pm, we got coats on and were home by 5:05 for dinner! It was really nice. One thing I learned is that if I plan to stay there during Kaitlyn's class with the triplets, we will definitely bring some activities to keep them busy. An hour is a long time with 3 bored 4-year olds! I will let you know how the triplets do with their first class on Thursday, they are sooooo excited!!

Also, we watched my 'new' friend's daughter this morning for like an hour so she could go to a parent-teacher conference. And they are coming to have dinner with us on Thursday evening. With both of us having our husbands gone most weeks, it's almost like destiny brought us together and it is a relief to have that support and understanding so close to home. Our family calendar is starting to fill up, and it's really kind of nice! :)

3 comments:

CKF said...

So glad she liked her class and I can't wait to hear about the triplets. I am also glad to hear you are meeting more moms and making friends in NJ!!!

Sean said...

I cant wait to see pictures of the kids in gymnastics. That would be nice if you have a few olympians in the group.

Count Your Blessings said...

Yea I'll definitely have to take some pics! It is the cutest darn thing to watch...I'll post later today about the triplets' class!