Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What a day...

So it actually started yesterday when Morgan's teacher walked her down to me in school to say she had a fever of 100.3 and they wanted her to go home. UGH... Thankfully Pops was able to come pick her up so I didnt have to miss work. Of course as soon as she was home, she acted fine.
Jump to this morning. All seemed fine, we were walking out the door and Madison says 'Mommy, my belly doesnt feel good.' I was like 'You'll be fine.' because they always say that. We load up the car and are driving halfway to school when she says it again. I look in the rearview mirror - and BLEECCHHHH..... All over... EW! So I quickly turned around and took her home. Once again very thankful that my mom could stay with her (and clean her up for me!) So I ran out to clean the car quickly and spray some Febreze before racing to school (and of course we were late).
Then at 10am I had to go to the School Nurse's office for my Flu shot ... AND ... my first dose of Hepatitis B vaccine - OUCH!! Flu in right arm, Hep in left arm, both very sore :(
At 2pm, a few parents in Kaitlyn's class (myself included) had a Bridal Shower for their teacher, Miss Buchholz. She is getting married on the beach in Clearwater, Florida this Friday. Of course the students were crazy excited and I was exhausted by the time it was over.
On a side note, Tim left yesterday morning for training in Texas. He has to go away for this training every six months and it is by far the most stressful part of his job. If he gets even one thing wrong, it could mean losing his pilot's license and his job. Needless to say, he was very stressed leading up to this training. Of course, the day he left, he got sick :( He had to airline to TX and start his Simulator time today - all with aches & pains, fever, sore throat, etc. Poor guy. I have faith he will do great, but its hard to keep his spirits up when he feels like crap.

It has been crazy these last few days - but especially today. Then, after work/school, I went to vote. It was actually fun because I brought Megan and Kaitlyn with me so they could be a part of the process. And now I'm on the edge of my seat watching all the election coverage. Oh and the triplets had SOOOO much homework, it was ridiculous for 5 year olds in Pre-Kindergarten - thank God everyone is in bed and I can just sit here and veg in front of the TV (with an ice pack on my arm). I anticipate crashing into bed soon...

Let's hope tomorrow is better and less eventful!

Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh what a day! The worst part of working is not being able to fully be there for your kids when you're so rushed, but hey, grandmom is a close second. Poor Tim, I didn't know that every year it's like his job is on the line. But I know he'll do good!

CKF said...

Sorry to hear you had sick girls! it is never fun. Good luck to Tim! I am sure he will do well-it just sucks he is sick too!!