Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight

Movie edition(my book cover):
Twilight
(The Twilight Saga, Book 1)

by Stephenie Meyer

Published in 2006. 544 pages.

Amazon link

Author's site

Twilight Saga


Official cover:

Movie link (released Nov 21, 2008)

Movie soundtrack

Genre: Fiction, Young Adult, Fantasy

My overall score: 5/5


What its about (taken from amazon.com): Bella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear.

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

What I thought: I.Loved.It. Phenomenal. Take note, I have never read a book about Vampires or anything similar. I know nothing about vampires. I do not watch movies about vampires. So... with that said... I went into this book with zero expectations. And no prior vampire knowledge. A few friends had read it and loved it. People at the book store raved about it to me. The reviews sounded good. And the final straw that made me decide to actually purchase the book was a blog I read (CLICK). This is a Christian woman, mother of 4, married to her childhood sweetheart (innocent enough, right?!) - well, someone had given her the Twilight book to read and she fell in love. Her raving reviews are what pushed me to finally take the plunge. And I am so glad I did. It was after I read her reviews that I found out it was going to be released as a movie this month. (I make this known, because I did not jump on the 'bandwagon' due to the movie - although I did jump on the bandwagon of raving book reviews!!) I will not go into specifics, because there are more than 2,000 detailed reviews on amazon.com. But I will say, I think I am falling in love with Edward. I wanted to devour this book in one big gulp! And this author is superb!

Date finished: November 22, 2008

Currently reading: New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (Book 2 of The Twilight Saga)

Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

CKF said...

Well you do make it sounds tempting...

Count Your Blessings said...

So... did you buy it yet??!! I'd love for you to read it so I can hear your thoughts!!