Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
by J.K. Rowling

Published in 2000. 352 pages.

Amazon link

Genre: Fiction, Children's Lit

My overall score: 4/5

What its about (from amazon.com): Chilling, malevolent voices whisper from the walls only to Harry, and it seems certain that his classmate Draco Malfoy is out to get him. Soon it's not just Harry who is worried about survival, as dreadful things begin to happen at Hogwarts. The mysteriously gleaming, foot-high words on the wall proclaim, "The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies of the Heir, Beware." But what exactly does it mean? Harry, Hermione, and Ron do everything that is wizardly possible--including risking their own lives--to solve this 50-year-old, seemingly deadly mystery. Once again, Rowling writes with a combination of wit, whimsy, and a touch of the macabre that will leave readers young and old desperate for the next installment. (Ages 9 and older)

What I thought: Once again, I definitely enjoyed this Harry Potter book - although I liked Book 1 better than Book 2 of the series. These books are enjoyable to read and they grab your interest (once again Book 1 was more of a page-turner to me than Book 2 was). I wasnt sure if my lowered interest in this book was due to the fact that I read them back-to-back, so I have decided to take a little break before starting Book 3, but definitely plan to read it before the end of the year! Of course, my opportunities to read are drastically reduced since I have started working and the girls are back in school... we'll see about those 50 books in 2008! ;)

Date finished: September 30, 2008

Currently reading: Second Chance by Jane Green

Blog sig Kim

1 comment:

CKF said...

All I am gonna say about this is I a gree book 2 is not the best of the series. But one of my fave's of the series is book 3. I REALLY liked it until I read book 7 which made that one my fave. Although book 5 was pretty good too and ben loved book 4 but I cant' wait to hear what you think of book 3-don't wait too long!!