Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My First Day...

...went very well! I really think I'm going to love it! I will be working with the greatest group of people, every one of them is there to help the children succeed. This school district continues to impress me, even more now that I am working there. I was a bit fearful that getting 'behind the scenes' would show me a different side to them, but not at all... the teachers and staff all seem to really love their jobs. I've never seen anything like it!

So, I will be working 8:40am til 1:40pm which is perfect because I drop the girls off at 8:30am, how perfect is that?! Plus I'll have a little over an hour to come home to relax before going back to get them.

Also, I found out today that I will be working one-on-one with a little boy in First grade. So I am excited to meet him on Thursday and really get hands-on!

Thank you so much to everyone for your support right now! I received so many blog posts, emails, text messages, phone calls, etc -- which makes me feel so grateful to have such an awesome support network! This is a major adjustment for me and knowing you care makes it so much easier! Thanks again!!

Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

StaceyV said...

Sounds like a great job! Good luck getting back into the working world.

Karen said...

This sounds like the best thing for you all the way around! It doesn't get much better than working for a school district, epecially when it comes to still being available to your kids!