Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Last Summer (of You & Me)

The Last Summer (of You & Me) by Ann Brashares

Published in 2008. 320 pages.

Amazon link

Readers Guide

Genre: Women's fiction, Beach read

My overall score: 4/5

What its about (taken from amazon.com): Riley and Alice, two sisters now in their twenties, and as fiercely different as they are loyal, have spent every summer at their parents’ modest beach house on New York’s Fire Island. Each year, they return to the house and community they have known since they were children—and to Paul, the boy next door. But this summer marks a season of change: budding love and sexual interest, an illness, and a deep secret force all three to confront the increasing complexities of their lives and friendships.

What I thought: Let's start by saying, the beginning was very slow. I had started this book twice before I was actually able to finish it. At least the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the book dragged for me. However, by the halfway point, I could not put it down. I felt totally invested into the lives of the three main characters. Although it was a bit predictable, there were also parts that caught me off guard. I definitely had tears at times. I would consider this a perfect beach read.

Date finished: August 29, 2008

Currently reading: Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)

Blog sig Kim

No comments: