Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall TV!!

With all of the craziness in my life right now and the stress on a daily basis, one of the things I look forward to is becoming a couch potato for at least an hour each night. Watching... what else? Reality TV! LOL My DVR is all set up!
Here is a run-down of the ones I most look forward to...

Sunday - Amazing Race premiers Sunday Sept 28th at 8pm on CBS
Check it out HERE or HERE...

The Amazing Race is a reality television game show in which teams of two people race around the world in competition with other teams. Contestants strive to arrive first at "pit stops" at the end of each leg of the race to win prizes and avoid coming in last, which carries the possibility of elimination or a significant disadvantage in the following leg. Contestants travel to and within multiple countries in a variety of transportation modes. The clues in each leg point the teams to the next destination or direct them to perform a task, either together or by a single member. The team which arrives first in the final leg is awarded a large cash grand prize, usually one million U.S. dollars.
What I like most: I love to see all different parts of the world on The Amazing Race. And its interesting to 'get to know' the different teams. Sometimes they are funny, or extremely annoying, but always entertaining.

Mon - Dancing with the Stars premiered Monday, Sept 22 at 8pm on ABC
Check it out HERE or HERE ...

The show pairs a celebrity with a professional ballroom dancer. The professional dancer is responsible for teaching the celebrity how to perform specific dances, which the pair perform live on the show each week. The dancers are scored by a panel of three professional dance judges. Additionally, viewers of the program may vote by phone, text message, or online methods. The team which receives the lowest total score (a combination of the judges' scores and viewer votes) each week is eliminated from the competition.
What I like most: Seeing the short recorded part before each performance that shows the stars practicing (mistakes and all!) I really like Tom Bergeron (host) and the judges are interesting as well. The dancing itself is ok (Ballroom-style is beautiful to watch, but can get boring after a few weeks), but the outfits are fantastic! I much prefer the show 'So You Think You Can Dance' which is a summer series on FOX.

Tues - Biggest Loser premiered last week. Airs Tuesdays 8pm on NBC
Check it out HERE or HERE ...

The basic premise of the show is that overweight contestants are competing to win $250,000 by losing the highest percentage of their starting body weight. At the start of each season, contestants are grouped into teams and each team is assigned a personal trainer. The trainers are responsible for designing and teaching to the contestants comprehensive workout plans and nutrition plans. The season starts with a weigh-in to determine the contestants' starting weights. Each week culminates in another weigh-in to determine which team has lost the most weight for that week, in percentage of total weight lost. The team that has lost the lower percentage during that week must vote off one member of the team.
What I like most: This show gives good tips for eating better and creative forms of exercise. It is also very inspiring each week - especially at the end when you see how dramatically each contestant has changed.

Wed - Private Practice premiers Wednesday Oct 1 9pm ABC
Check it out HERE or HERE ...

Private Practice is a medical drama spin-off of the popular television show, Grey's Anatomy. The series chronicles the life of Dr. Addison Montgomery as she leaves Seattle Grace Hospital for Los Angeles in order to join a private practice.
What I like most: This is one of the few dramas that I watch. I enjoy the characters and the different storylines each week.

Thur - Survivor premiers TONIGHT!! Thursday Sept 25 at 8pm on CBS
Check it out HERE or HERE ...

Survivor is a popular reality television game show format produced in many countries throughout the world. In the show, contestants are isolated in the wilderness and compete for cash and other prizes. The show uses a progressive elimination, allowing the contestants to vote off a tribe member, until only one final contestant remains and wins the title of "Sole Survivor".
What I like most: Even after all of these seasons, this still remains one of my favorite shows! Seeing all of those people live together in those conditions gets amusing. I enjoy the challenges. And love the back-stabbing at tribal council each week.

Grey's Anatomy premiers TONIGHT!! Thursday Sept 25 at 9pm on ABC.
Check it out HERE or HERE ...

Medical drama with a really cool cast of characters.
What I like most: I just started watching Grey's this year and its one of those shows you can get into right away. Great funny cast and diverse storylines. Although I hear that some of the romances become monotonous (but its all still new for me!)

American Idol
Not sure when this will premier - usually not until January. But I wanted to list it because it's definitely one I look forward to!
Check it out HERE or HERE ...

Blog sig Kim

3 comments:

CKF said...

TV is back!! Wahoo!!! based on your list, I watch at least half! I am looking forward to Amazing Race. I LOVE seeing the different places and you are right all the teams are at least entertaining!

Survivor...of course! YOU know I love that one.

Private Practice is another one I do enjoy and I have set up on my Tivo. I watched Grey's one season and tried last season but kept missing it. I might try to catch up through watching it online but not sure it will be in my tivo.

I like Biggest Loser but it tends to conflict with too many things that I miss most of it. I should see if its online this season though...

maybe I will post my fall line up too!!

Anonymous said...

How is Private Practice? We gave up on Grey's Anatomy a while back but we were curious about this one.

Count Your Blessings said...

I really enjoyed Private Practice for its first season - and looking forward to it's premiere. The story lines were different than Grey's in that it is an OB/GYN office. Of course there are all of the 'affairs' going on as well! lol Check it out :)