Monday, September 1, 2008

Guess who got a job?!

As some of you may know, I got a call for an interview a few weeks ago. The position is Part-time (25 hours per week: 5 hrs/day 5 days/week) working at....

THE GIRLS' SCHOOL! Hip Hip Hurray!!! :)

It is basically the most perfect thing I could ever wish for and when I got that call, I totally did the happy dance!
So I went for the interview on Thursday Augu 14 at 8:00 am. I was their first interview of the day -- for one position, they had 15 interviews schedule for that day! Of course, I was not getting my hopes up, and didnt even mention it on here for fear of jinxing myself. They told me they would make a decision the following week. Well that Monday at 10am I got a call from the school principal offering me the position! Once again -- another happy dance!

I had to do lots of preparation to start the job... background & criminal check ($10), fingerprinting ($70 ugh), Physical at doctor and TB test ($30) and called my high school for a copy of my immunization records. Got all of that done last week. I had my orientation last Wednesday, August 27 from 9am-1:30pm and it seems like a great place to work so far.

Now... I officially start TOMORROW! I have mixed emotions - of course I am very excited and thankful. We definitely could use the money and there is no better place to work then in the same building as my four girls. But I also feel a bit nervous. And some sadness, as this marks the end of my stay-at-home mom days and my girls are growing up. I'm sure all of the nervousness and sadness will melt away as we get settled into this new lifestyle.

What is the job, you may ask? Well in all honestly, I'm not exactly sure! I will find out all of the details and my exact placement within the school tomorrow. But overall, I will be working with the Special Education Dept at the elementary school. I will work together with the classroom teachers to help children with special needs. I hope that my Psychology degree and background working with Autistic children will help.

So look for future updates about how the job is going, but I definitely have high hopes for it. And the girls are also very excited that their mommy is going to work in their school! Of course, Tim is happy because of the financial assistance it will provide, which we have been worried about for the past year.

Now, off to bed to get some rest before my big day!

Blog sig Kim

4 comments:

CKF said...

Yeah for the job. It sounds like a lot of fun and I hope it goes well for you. Now if I could jsut myself into a school... :)

Can't wait to hear more! Oh and I looked at some of the proofs of your pics-so cute! And I am not a fan of the white shirt jeans combo for portraits (mostly b/c white and me just dont mesh well) but you all look beautiful!!!

CKF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CKF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CKF said...

The deleted comments were mine-duplicate posts: