Thursday, September 18, 2008

11th Day of School

But who's counting?! haha

The triplets are doing really well with their all-day Pre-K class. And they get homework every night, can you believe that?! Its actually a nice thing to see what they're working on (obviously usually just a simple sheet or story to read), but it gets kind of crazy here right after school now. We all sit around the kitchen table and do our work together. It seems they each are forming separate friendships, which I'm thankful for since this is the first year all three are together in one class.

Kaitlyn loves second grade! She does have a pretty cool teacher, who loves to sing a lot. Apparently she does musical theater (thought you'd like that, Korn!) and she turns everything into a song. It seems to work well because she said the kids all sing along nice and loud. Apparently Kaitlyn is still adjusting to the recess protocol because some days she comes home upset to say she just walked around by herself the whole time. Of course that breaks my heart. So I am trying to talk with her each morning to come up with a plan for her recess, like who to play with and what she wants to play. Also, I am setting up a few playdates with her 'new' friends in this class so maybe that will help her feel a bit more comfortable.

As for me, I am really enjoying my job. The little guy I work with is quite a handful and he definitely keeps me on my toes. But its nothing new to me so far, I've seen it all before. And we are getting a nice plan in place for him to lead him to success. The hours are perfect and I absolutely love working in the school with my girls. I am able to see them all several times throughout the day - and also get my mommy hugs and kisses!! I honestly could not ask for anything better and am so thankful for this opportunity! Plus I sleep VERY well at night now... talk about exhaustion!! ;)

OK... 11 days down, 169 days to go!!

Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

your "assignment" keeps you on your toes huh...would that be when you're chasing him or running from him? lol

CKF said...

Glad to hear the girls and you are all doing well at school. What is recess protocol? Do they have rules or can only play with certain people? I hope she gets more comfortable with kids soon. We never had "Recess" but we had "Free time" but it could be at different times if I remember. But I liked to read so that was nice too during free time!

Glad you are getting some sleep. We are gonna have to sort out how to "meet up" for some TV time -maybe for survivor or something...

TGIF - enjoy the weekend!