Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Update #1 - Read FIRST!!

I am still trying to catch my breath from this past week. In some ways, our lives have begun to resemble a realty-tv show, "Unexpected twists and turns! Ready to shake things up! Just when you thought you knew the next step... New surprises every day!"

I will give a brief update picking up from where I last left off (if I can remember!) I will skip the days that nothing really happened :)

Last Saturday (April 5) my mom and pops had a safe flight home to Florida. Tim's mom Anita and her husband Rick came to visit for the day. Anita made cherry pie and we had lunch here at home. Then we drove around looking at campgrounds and they booked a week at the Whipperwool Campground for a week in July. We also booked a Friday and Saturday night to stay in our camper. Afterward, we went to the OC boardwalk to have our favorite pizza and then surprised the girls with Kohr Bros ice cream (their first for the year!) It turned out to be a great day with beautiful weather. Sunday April 6 was a rainy cold day. We went to church then came home to sit by the fireplace. We had game night with the girls and helped Kaitlyn finish her book report (a diarama in a shoebox) about the book "Weekend With Wendell".

Tuesday April 8, I volunteered at the girls' school to hang artwork for their Creative Arts night. It was nice to meet some new moms. One of which is interested in scrapbooking also, so I gave her my email address! Morgan had been feeling yucky and sure enough, we got a call from the school nurse that she had a low-grade fever. Tim came to pick her up and took her to the doctor, luckily she only had a cold (after that wonderful $30 co-pay...) Kaitlyn started her new level at gymnastics and she really liked it. I think it will be better for her because it is more challenging and she has to push herself to continue to excel. Tim got a $55 parking ticket in the mail for parking on the wrong side of the road the day before, while dropping Kaitlyn off at school. :( Since we have moved here, everyone parks that way on that same road, but apparently that day, the police around here were particularly bored and decided to make some quick money (sorry if that sounded sarcastic..eh hem...) I also found out that my very favorite music leader from our church has resigned. He will be done as of the end of this month. I am very upset. As I have posted many times, that has been my favorite part of our church services every Sunday. I LOVE him and his music. I will miss him greatly.

Wed April 9 we went to the book fair with Kaitlyn at school (which I loved!) and then had a rainy movie afternoon after school. Thurs April 10 Tim and I went to the OC library after dropping triplets off at school. Then we went back to the school for their turn at the book fair. In the evening it was back to school for Creative Arts Night. This is where all of the families walk through the school and admire the artwork done by the children in Art class since September. It was actually very nice.

**NOW** the Big things begin!! OK, I'll save them for a separate post!

Blog sig Kim

No comments: