Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My new phone ~ The EnV2 vx9100

My Verizon contract expired about 6 months ago, which means I was eligible for the Verizon New-Every-Two deal (they offer a $100 credit toward any phone with a new 2-year contract). I really liked my phone, so until I found the 'perfect' phone, I didnt want to switch. But then, as is probably Verizon's evil plan, my phone started to fail me. The battery wouldnt hold a charge, I had lots of dropped calls and some voicemail messages (and texts) werent coming through. So...it was time.

I had checked out the various Verizon stores and looked at their website to see what was available. At one point, my cousin's husband went into Verizon with me and walked me through the ins and outs of cell phones. When I expressed an interest in the original EnV phone, he casually mentioned that Verizon will be releasing a new version of the EnV sometime this year. WOW! So I started researching online. It looked really nice and was much smaller than the original. I found a few online forums that talked about how to get the phone. One girl had figured out a way to get it even though it wasnt officially released yet. I was right on that! heehee

So...I ordered it on Friday and it was delivered on Tuesday! Original cost with 2-year contract was $180. Minus $100 New-every-two credit. Minus $50 rebate (they did it instantly for me over the phone). So I paid $30 plus tax. Free shipping. Free activitation. Awesome!

I am loving the phone so far. I have to get used to the Qwerty keypad but it definitely makes texting go faster. Here are some stats about the phone I pulled from online:

* Mobile Web 2.0SM-capable
* Get It Now®-capable - download games, ringtones, wallpapers
* Wireless Sync E-mail capability
* Instant Messaging using AIM®, WL Messenger®, and Yahoo!®
* 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder:
* Image Editor - rotate, zoom, crop, Digital Zoom: up to 10x
* Dual speakers for Music & videos
* microSD memory port with up to 8 GB support
* 1,000 address book contacts (5 numbers, 2 e-mail, Picture ID)
* Function Key - customizable for 10 shortcuts
* Dimensions: 4.00" (h) x 2.13" (w) x 0.65" (d)
* Weight: 4.23 ounces
* Up to 320 minutes of usage time or up to 520 hours of standby time
* V CAST Music and Video, VZ NavigatorSM, Bluetooth® capabilities
* QWERTY keypad with large sized external keys
* 2.4-inch internal screen offers crisp, crystal-clear videos and images
* offered in black or maroon (I chose black)

Stock photo: Front - notice large buttons, small screen (kind of annoying):

Stock photo: Inside

Stock photo: Compared to original EnV - much smaller!

My photos:




I'll post more about the pros and cons of this phone as I get more used to it. But for now, I am SUPER excited!!! :)

Blog sig Kim

5 comments:

CKF said...

Ok I LOVE it and I already want it AND the price tag is much friendlier than the Voyager which I was eying up before you told me about this one.Only a few more months-and I will hopefully have it in time for our concert so we can compare notes LOL!

Count Your Blessings said...

Yes for sure! I read some poor reviews on the Voyager. I think this is the way to go. By then, I'll be able to tell you more what I think of this one - but so far so good! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize you got the new EnV2!!! Awesome price, too. That's the way to do it! I'm glad I could be of help. :) Now I'll be texting you more :-P

Count Your Blessings said...

Hey Julio! Yes, definitely - I'm all about texting now! I can acually text like 3-4 people at a time and keep up! woohoo :)

CKF said...

I am going to remember you said you could text a lot more now:) And hold you to it!!