Friday, April 4, 2008

Possibly my loooongest post yet!

Sunday March 30
Tommy arrived by 8:15am and went to the 9am church service with the girls and I. It was so nice and refreshing to spend time together with him! After church, he treated us to brunch at IHOP. We went to the Hamilton Mall so I could check out phones at Verizon (my contract was up 6 months ago and it is time where they give me a free phone, but I like my phone so much, I still haven't decided on a new one) and the girls played in the indoor playground.
Then we came home to color, play a game and dance our hearts out in the Living room! Tim came home from his week-long trip around 7pm and he took over with the girls. Tommy and I went for a 30-minute bike ride (with the dog) and it felt so good! We went to bed fairly early, but Tommy was up late doing some 'Homework help' for a special someone! ;)

Monday March 31
Enjoyed more time with Tommy. He helped me sort through some things in my bedroom that had yet to be unpacked. We got to talk a lot and listen to some good music together. He also put some security stuff on our laptops and updated some programs (or something to that affect...) He left in the early afternoon because he had a birthday party to attend back in PA that evening.
My mom and Cecil (Mommom & Poppop) arrived at our house around 1pm. We were so excited to see them and to have almost a whole week to share together! Poppop has lost 40 pounds and it was definitely noticable. He is still on this special diet, with the goal of losing another 60 pounds - for a total goal of 100 pound weight loss! We are all cheering him on! And mom has lost weight as well, although she didn't have weight to lose and I think it is more stress-driven than anything else.
To celebrate their arrival, we went out to dinner at TGI Fridays (Kids eat FREE on Monday nights!) Then we walked around the mall a bit, talked a lot and after putting the girls to bed, we watched some fun TV shows before bed.

Tuesday April 1
April Fools Day! The girls played jokes on us (or tried to at least!) all day long - it was really cute ;) Mommom and Poppop drove to PA for the day so that Pops could meet with his old job (the Post office) and see about getting his job back. Also, they went to visit his mother and met Sean and Holly for dinner.
We got a call from very special friends of ours asking Tim and I to be their son's Godparents. This was such an honor for us and of course something that we take very seriously. (Just to avoid any confusion, I have decided at this time to not mention any names.) We will participate in an official service toward the end of April!
Tim and I enjoyed a quiet cozy afternoon together while all of the girls were in school. We decided to not try to get things done, but rather just sit and talk and spend some quality time bonding! It felt like he had been gone on that last trip FOREVER.
Kaitlyn went to gymnastics and was promoted to the next skill level. She was so excited and proud. It is very exciting for us, as she has only been in gymnastics for a short time so far. All four of the girls continue to do very well and are progressing nicely.
We watched my friend Jennifer's 2 daughters for a bit while their brother went to his Karate class. Our girls love to have them over to play, and of course its nice for us because they all keep each other occupied!
Tim worked on some household projects including shampooing all of the carpets. I love how fresh the house smells after he does this, which he usually does like twice a year. We have a newer Carpet Shampooer which we really like (our old one was crap).
My sister-in-law sent me a picture of their little guy Ian eating rice cereal - so cute! He had the happiest look on his face, little chubber! He is one hungry boy :)
We watched American Idol, of which I was pretty disappointed with the performances. I still love David A, in my opinion he is by far the BEST! And while we watch each week, I am instant messaging my closest friend from college - Colleen! Its fun, we write back and forth with our opinions of everybody (along with our normal chatting stuff). I look forward to our time 'together' each week :)

Wednesday April 2
Poppop drove to PA again to do all of his paperwork for his Post Office job. Tim let me sleep in ... which I soooo appreciate. Refer to my previous post.

Tim took the girls to school and then went grocery shopping. That is one of his 'chores' because it is one that I can't stand and he 'kind of' enjoys it. Mom and I spent some quiet peaceful time together for the afternoon. I did the girls' laundry, paid bills (ugh!) made dinner.
After dinner we took a family walk all around the neighborhood. Normally we walk on the bike path, so it was interesting to walk all of the nearby streets and check out the houses, etc. Then we took the girls to the library and each of them loves to pick out 2 books for themselves (luckily we are allowed 10 books at a time!)

TODAY
Mommom and Poppop went with me to take the triplets to their gymnastics class. It was fun for them to see everything the girls are learning and watch them in action. The girls were also fitted for their special leotard for the big show in June. While we were gone, Tim did some touch-up painting throughout the house.

After the girls went to school, my mom and I treated ourselves to pedicures at a local nail salon. It was so nice. I havent gotten a pedicure in almost a year.

I chose a bright pink/purple color - in honor of Spring! It is OPI's Pompeii Purple (PIC)

Then we picked up the girls from school, helped Kaitlyn with her homework, then dropped all four girls off at my WONDERFUL friend Jen's house! She so graciously offered to watch our four critters so that we could have a nice adult evening out. It was glorious! The four of us went for an early dinner at The Crab Trap. After dinner, we went for a drive and ended up in Atlantic City before heading back to pick up our munchkins!
So far it has been a crazy, busy, fun week and unfortunately there are only two more days to go before Mom and Pops head back down to Florida. I will give a separate update about them soon.
Hope everyone is having a fun week and TGIF...
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

CKF said...

I love your updates! I feel like I am right there with you living life. And I know I need to get better on mine-nothing really has happened lately but this weekend should prove to be eventful with an update to follow! And I too LOVe and look forward to our "together" time with AI. It makes the show even more fun for me! Hope you are able to enjoy the last few days with your mom and pops-talk to you soon!! Ly,My,FF

Anonymous said...

Those pedicures sounded like they were relaxing and much needed. I wonder how many people get a babysitter to go out with their mom? Moms and daughters need time together too, no matter how many kids you have!