Tuesday, April 15, 2008

TV Talk ~ American Idol

This week: Mariah Carey songs
Top 7 Performances:
1. David A - When You Believe - He wore black leather pants, which looked kind of funny to me, as I consider him like a little boy. The judges thought he sung the song very well. For me, it was slightly awkward. He is definitely still my favorite, I just don't particularly care for Mariah Carey songs, so this will be a bit rough for me to get through.
2. Carly Smithson - Without You - I liked Carly in the beginning and still do, she's definitely not bad. But at this point in the competition, I think she should come in the bottom 3 this week. Her performance was 'fair' in my opinion. The judges were mixed, but mostly said she could have done much better.
3. Syesha Mercado - Vanishing - This is another I want to see in the bottom 3 this week. I did not like her performance, but she did look beautiful and she reeks of confidence. The judges were impressed by Syesha this week.
4. Brooke White - Hero - Brooke is my second favorite singer (after David A). Of all the songs chosen this week, hers was my favorite. She played the piano while singing. Unfortunately she seemed very nervous this week and her voice got shaky toward the end. The judges were mixed again.
5. Kristy Lee Cook - (can't remember?) - And this girl should be the 3rd in the bottom 3 this week. Her performance was boring for me. The judges were mixed on their reviews, but overall they werent so good.
6. David Cook - Always Be My Baby - He made this song completely his own and I liked how it sounded. The judges loved it and gave rave reviews. In fact, David C had tears in his eyes after Simon's comments. It was nice and different from the others.
7. Jason Castro - I Don't Want to Cry - I have come to really like Jason, especially last week (which was my absolute favorite performance of the season so far). He did pretty well tonight. Definitely the guys were better then the girls because there wasn't as much of a comparison, trying to sing like Mariah (which is impossible).

Blog sig Kim

No comments: