Tuesday, April 29, 2008

TV Talk ~ American Idol

The Top 5 sing!
Neil Diamond night ... each sings 2 songs tonight

Judges wait to give feedback until after both songs are complete
It was definitely cramming to get it all in tonight.

Round 1
1. Jason Castro: Forever In Blue Jeans - he played guitar while singing -sounded nice, of course I don't know this song (neither did he!) but I think he did well.
2. David Cook: I'm Alive - another one playing his guitar -Neil Diamond really liked him - definitely a 'rocker', he did well although not my fave. He definitely has a voice for radio.
3. Brooke White: I'm a Believer - another guitar player -Neil was pleasantly surprised - I cant help but picture Shrek and Donkey whenever I hear this song now...heehee. She put a country twang to it, which made it a bit unique. But not the right song choice for her.
4. David Archuleta: Sweet Caroline - first to not play an instrument so far tonight -Neil called him a prodigy - Wow - I still rank him #1 in my book - he seemed to have fun, he always looks so happy (and nervous) but I think he sang it really well.
5. Syesha: Hello Again - She sat on the stage in a pretty purple dress - sounded sweet
--Judges gave a brief overview opinion - I cannot even remember what they said because I am so caught up in Paula Abdul - she is either high or drunk or both - she forgot who was who and thought they had already sang twice - OMG!!!!!

Round 2
1. Jason Castro: September Morn - no instruments- sounded nice, but definitely forgettable. Jason has a nice voice, but he is a boring performer. Judges agreed with me.
2. David C: All I Really Need Is You - he played the guitar again - this was probably my fave performance of him ever - sounded very nice - Simon called it brilliant!
3. Brooke White: I Am I Said - she played the piano this time and wrote some lyrics on her palm that she was afraid she'd forget - she sounded great and did a very nice job - the judges liked it better than her first performance
4. David A: America - I love this song! I didn't love his performance though... He didn't seem as into it as he should have been (in my opinion) but the judges loved it.
5. Syesha: Thank the Lord For the Night time - another one I never heard of - not so good. But she looks much better tonight with her hair down and all. Paula called Syesha 'Brooke' during her review.

Overall: Syesha should go home tomorrow night.
My Top 3 faves of the night would be: Jason Castro, David Cook & David A (in that order)


Blog sig Kim

3 comments:

CKF said...

Very nice review of the evening.
I enjoy reading it (even when we chat!)
I really see a David David end at this point but either way I am looking forward to Jason's album :)

Elizabeth said...

I watched this for the first time tonight with my mom...she's addicted just like you :)
Her predictions are a David vs David finale. My mom laughed when I actually knew what was going on just from keeping up to date with your blogs. I don't even have to watch the show to know what's going on

Count Your Blessings said...

That is awesome - I love watching and blogging about it and now to hear that others can benefit from it ... LOL! It seems that a lot of people are expecting a David vs David finale - which I definitely wouldnt mind!