Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TV Talk ~ American Idol

The finale is just 4 weeks away!
Top 6 perform songs by Andrew Lloyd Webber:


1. Syesha - One Rock & Roll too Many (?) - This girl really irks me. I never heard of the song, don't even know if that's the right title. Randy thought it was her best performance to date (huh??) Paula loved her as well - but who doesn't Paula love. And Simon thought it was sexy. hmmm... My guess is that she will go home this week.
2. Jason Castro - Memory - Webber did not have much confidence in Jason's choice. Jason's first time in a suit on the AI stage. I love the sound and tone of his voice, incredible and unique. The judges pretty much hated it. Randy called it a vocal train wreck. Simon said it was miserable. I disagree, I think he did well and made that song his own.
3. Brooke White - You Must Love Me - Well, she started a few words, then completely stopped. Had to start over. I have mixed feelings about her performance. She sang pretty well, but it was nothing overly special. And with her mess-up at the beginning, she may find herself in the bottom 3 again this week. For the first time, Paula was stern with her and said 'NEVER stop and start.' Interesting.
4. David Archuleta - Think of Me - 1-866-IDOLS-04 or IDOLS-10 OK, still my favorite. He has a soft tone to his voice, soothing, quiet. But it does make it a bit hard for him to hit those higher notes. He chose a nice song, put a little of his own twist to it. Judges liked him and Randy called him the 'one to beat'!
5. Carly Smithson - Jesus Christ Superstar - Webber made her change from her original choice because he felt this one fit her personality better. It was definitely the right song for her in my opinion. She did pretty well and the judges loved it. She held up a t-shirt at the end that said 'Simon loved me (this week)' So cheeky of her...
6. David Cook - Music of the Night - Uh, well, it was ok I guess. I have to be honest here, I don't really care for this kind of music. So that may skew my opinions. The judges raved and my dear friend Colleen thinks that may have just won it for him. Hmm...I may have to listen to it again.

I would say Jason Castro was my favorite of the night.
My guess for the top 3...David A (of course!), Jason and David C.
Going home tomorrow night? Syesha.


Blog sig Kim

3 comments:

CKF said...

I love to read your thoughts on this show:) Regarding David C, and this will probably not sway you but go to itunes and do a search for the song, look for the version by micheal crawford and listen to the preview. then listen to david and maybe it will help-probably not but I cant help but try for the rocker!!!
LY,MY,FF
*AC Aug 2 Here I come!*

Anonymous said...

This episode is still TiVoed but now I'm so excited to watch it! Yes, CKF is right. Micheal Crawford is the man. While he's the only one that owns that song, I'm sure David pulled it off. It's nice that you got a taste of my theater music for a night! :)

Count Your Blessings said...

Hey my fine Korn! I was thinking of you while watching last night. I'm sorry I said I dont really care for that music (...oops) But I know you know me, lol. But I think you should watch it, you will def love it! And I wont tell you who went home tonight just in case you want to be surprised!