Thursday, July 24, 2008

Please help!

I am experiencing a strange situation... After reading The Beach House, a book which touched me so deeply, I am having difficulty getting into another fiction novel.

Am I the only one who experiences this?

Its almost like coming down off of a 'book high' where you were so into the storyline you felt you were there. Now all of a sudden, here I sit, unable to connect with characters from the new books I'm reading.

Any suggestions on a book that will pull me out of this slump? I am looking for something where the characters are real and I can relate to them. I am open to either sad or uplifting stories. I'd love a good page-turner. Must be realistic though (not ready for Science-Fiction or fantasy-type book). And what makes me really love a book is when you continue to think about the story and characters well after you have finished reading.

OK, now I need your suggestions!!

Blog sig Kim

1 comment:

CKF said...

Angry Housewives eating Bon-bons was one I really remember wishing there was a continuation.
Author is Lorna Landvik


Good luck! I have had that problem before! There is always harry potter....I am telling you, by end of book 3 you just cant stop!