Tuesday, May 6, 2008

TV Talk ~ American Idol

Finale is just 2 weeks away!
First of all, can I just say, Ryan Seacrest is the best host ever! Without him, this show would definitely not be the same. And Paula, oh my. I think she has officially lost her mind.
Top 4 perform from The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame:
Round 1
1. David Cook - Hungry Like the Wolf (Duran Duran):
I will start by saying (I sound like one of the judges, heehee)...David looked really awesome. However, I did not like this performance at all. The song wasn't that bad, but he just didn't sound right. Something was 'off'. I couldn't tell if the background music wasn't the right volume, if his mic wasn't adjusted correctly - I don't know, but something was wrong.

2 Syesha Mercado - Proud Mary (Tina Turner):
Holy Glitter! Dress, lip gloss, eye shadow, shoes, jewelry...oh my. Ok, I don't like the song she chose. Her voice didn't sound real great and as Simon said, she sounded like she was impersonating Tina Turner. It was nice but kind of funny to see her move around and dance. Her rhythm didn't seem quite right and I was afraid her wig was going to fall off when she started swinging her head all around! :)

3. Jason Castro - I Shot the Sheriff (Bob Marley): Jason wore his guitar tonight, but only played it a little bit. The song was a horrible choice for him and according to Simon, it was atrocious and a massacre. I have to agree. Poor Jason, I felt bad for him when Randy and Simon were tearing him apart (although I totally agreed with them). I know he is capable of so much more and I prefer the softer tones in his voice.

4. David Archuleta - Stand By Me (Ben E. King): Awesome, perfect song choice! So far the best performance of the night! He changed it up a bit, throwing in a little 'Beautiful Girl' (Sean Kingston). Randy said, 'I loved it dude. It was HOT!' Simon thought he struggled a bit toward the end but still called it the best performance so far.


Round 2
1. David Cook - Baba O'Riley "Teenage Wasteland" (The Who): David's Back!!!! Once again, he looked great. He played his guitar, standing at the mic. His voice was soft and tender, mixed with his usual rocker tone. Something seemed a bit awkward during his brief pause before his finale toward the end. But, as Simon put it, 'Welcome back David Cook!'
2. Syesha Mercado - A Change Has Gotta Come (Sam Cooke): She looked beautiful in her long formal gown for this song. And it was nice to hear her actually 'sing' without all that dancing and shaking around. She hit the last note perfectly and it showed what she is capable of. Randy didn't like it at all, Paula stood with a raving review, making the poor girl cry. And Simon agreed with.... Paula! I think she did well, but still feel that she will be in the bottom two (with Jason).
3. Jason Castro - Mr. Tambourine Man (Bob Dylan): Jason sat on a stool playing his guitar while singing. He sounded really good, but right toward the beginning, he forgot the lyrics - totally lost some lines and just hummed his way through that part. The parts he did sing, sounded good. Simon told him to 'pack his bags'. I think I have to agree, he will be the one to go home this week. He just doesn't seem to be taking this competition seriously enough, he had a 'smirky' grin on his face the whole time. It may very well be a nervous thing he does, but it came across as arrogance tonight.
4. David Archuleta - Love Me Tender (Elvis Presley): WOW! I don't like this song AT ALL...and don't really care for Elvis - but WOW! David was incredible. Randy said he 'caressed each word.' And Simon told him he 'crushed the competition tonight.' He will definitely make it through to next week!

I think Jason Castro will go home this week. Syesha will be in the bottom 2. The finale will be David C vs David A (until this week, I wasnt totally sure about this because I do like Jason alot, but after tonight, I'm pretty sure he's going home.)

Blog sig Kim

No comments: