Friday, May 30, 2008

My computer...

CRASHED!! :(
This is my main source of communication with the outside world and it's gone... I dont know what we did 10-15 years ago when modern-day computers and internet did not exist. I feel naked without my laptop and internet.
So - I'm borrowing Tim's laptop, but of course it does not have all of my programs, files, fave places, etc on it. So it's no where near the same.
Thank goodness I have a wonderful cousin who also happens to fix computers for a living. Tommy was willing to drop his previous plans for this weekend and head down tomorrow morning to fix it for me. Well at least attempt to fix it. I'm nervous. My laptop is not even 2 years old. I do have my pics & digital scrap stuff backed up on an external hard drive. Which for me, my pictures are everything. However, it will be difficult to overcome the possibility that I may lose everything else. Let's stay optimistic that after tomorrow I will be back on track (with all files intact!)
So - if you dont see or hear from me for a bit, thats why... Thank goodness blogs can be accessed from any computer! :)

Blog sig Kim

4 comments:

CKF said...

good luck

Anonymous said...

Here's to hoping it makes it through surgery!

Elizabeth said...

It HAS to be fixed by Wednesday evening...what will I do without our nightly conversations?

Count Your Blessings said...

Aw, thank you guys ... I am going thru complete withdraw. Tommy is here now working on it... fingers crossed!!!!