Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Randomness

In between visitors, we also have fun here by ourselves and with our NJ friends! We have been swimming out back a lot - which is a wonderful way to keep the girls (and us) cool.

One Friday, I took the girls to Ventnor Beach (our first time ever there) to meet a friend of mine (one of Madison's friends from school with her mom & brother). We also got to meet friends of theirs so it was a very nice day. The other woman is from a neighboring town and she had 3 children including an 8-year old and 5-year old girl, which was perfect for my girls! Also while there, I met a family with 2-year old triplet girls from PA. They were there for vacation, but we spent lots of time chatting and learning from each other! We were at the beach for almost 5 hours which is a record for me since we moved here.

I've been doing a job search and sent out my resume to a position in our local school district. Unfortunately, I got a call from the principal that the position is no longer open, but that she will keep me in mind if any other positions open up. So my search continues.

There have been lots of layoffs at Tim's company which really scares us, as you can imagine. Especially after just moving here a year ago due to a layoff at his company in PA. Thankfully he is pretty close to his boss, which hopefully helps. But also, Tim has taken on many additional duties within the company to make himself more valuable. Let's keep our fingers crossed, but so far it looks like we'll be okay.

The girls loved their Summer Enrichment programs, which were completed the end of July. We have decided to keep the triplets in preschool for another year and they will start Kindergarten next September 2009. Kaitlyn will begin 2nd grade in just a month.

We are enjoying having my Mom and Pops living with us here. Of course it has been emotional for Mom as she adjusts to her 'new life' living back up North. But we have spent many days & nights together, sharing fun times on a daily basis!

Well that's about it for my random update, now back to our regularly scheduled programming ... haha!

Blog sig Kim

No comments: