Monday, August 4, 2008

Gary, Beth & Kids

Less than an hour after we got home from camping on Sunday (July 20), Tim's brother Gary and his family arrived for a visit. Of course I ran right out to the car to greet Ian, oops I mean everyone, heehee!

Anita stayed for a few minutes to see them, then she was on her way home and our visit began. We spent nice time chatting together and Tim made dinner on the grill. You cant believe how adorable little Ian is - gets cuter every time I see him!


And of course Megan still loves him as much as ever!


As a side note, before we left for camping, we had found a nest of 6 baby bunnies (eyes still closed), but when we got home, only 1 was still alive. So Tim brought it in (no sign of mother) and we tried to care for and nurse him.
When we found them:


Feeding the sole survivor some Goat's milk:

After dinner, Beth & I went to ShopRite to pick up a few things, then it was time to start making our chocolate candy! Well actually Beth did all the work and I served as her official taste-tester! She made Chocolate-covered Strawberries, pretzels and mini-oreos. So Yummy! And of course we had some Pina Coladas to enjoy with our sweet treats. Meanwhile the kids watched the movie 'Meet the Robinsons' then they all went to bed. It was a delicious first night :)





On Monday, after breakfast, we went to Longport Beach from 12:30-3pm . Tyler and the girls ran right into the water - even though it was ICE cold! They made sandcastles, with the help of Tim of course. And they even turned each of the girls into 'Sand Mermaids' which was cute. Oh and their new favorite hobby is searching for sand crabs on the beach. Tyler and Tim went into the ocean with a boogie board and Tim's surf board, but the freezing cold water shortened their surfing jaunt to just a few minutes!




















On the way home, we stopped at Linwood Market for meats and rolls and came home for lunch. Then Tim took the kids in the pool for a quick dip. What followed was a relaxing quiet afternoon, in fact I even dozed off in my chair for a bit. Then showers and off to TGI Fridays for Kids Eat Free dinner around 7pm (till 9pm - slow service).

By the time we got home, the girls were exhausted and went straight to bed. Gary, Tim & Tyler played video games while Beth & I played online till late. And unfortunately, this is the day we lost our baby bunny :(

Tuesday was their last day here already. Tim & I took the girls to see Alvin & the Chipmunks (the free movie) while our guests slept in a bit. We got some snuggle time with Ian while Gary & Beth packed up.






Then we all went out for a nice lunch together at Charlie's where we got hot wings and cheesesteaks. Then they were on the road home around 4pm.

It's hard to believe that, after planning this visit such a long time ago, that it went so fast. Our next visit is planned for Labor Day weekend, where we're heading out to Harrisburg for some more fun together!

Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how busy you guys have been! Madeleine would've loved to care for that bunny--did he make it? I love the mermaid tails in the sand!

CKF said...

Do you ever get to sleep? :) And I am jealous I did not get chocolate covered pretzels and such-they look yummy!!!!

I love all the sand mermaids-I remember doing those things when I was a kid. Back then you don't care about all the sand every which way although I do have a photo somewhere where I was buried to my head when I was a camp counselor!!

The bunny pics were cute-so sad he didnt make it:( But it looks like you had another fun filled weekend!!!