Monday, August 4, 2008

Camping Getaway

I definitely have a lot of catching up to do! I try to do well with updating, but I have really fallen behind lately, havent I?! This summer has been a huge whirlwind of fun and visitors, which leaves me happy but exhausted.
So, let's see where I left off...

We had a family camping weekend July 18-20 at Whipporwhill Campground in Marmora, NJ. Tim's mom (Grandmom Anita) came along also and we all stayed as one BIG happy family in our pop-up camper!

We arrived at the campground just before 4pm on Friday and set up our campsite:







After setting up, we went straight to the pool to swim! It was nice and warm (unlike our freezing cold pool at home).

We lit a fire back at our campsite and cooked hot dogs for dinner. It was really nice to have everyone stand around with hot dogs on sticks - this was the first time the girls ever did that. I think they thought it was kind of strange but they got the hang of it real quick!


Around 8pm we headed back up to the pool area for a late-night family swim. We also played BINGO and came close to winning the $130 jackpot by 1 number!




Then it was back to the campsite for another campfire - and this time we made S'Mores!! So Yummy!!

Grandmom and the girls went to bed at the same time, so Tim and I got some nice relaxing time sitting to chat by the fire.



Saturday started really early because Grandmom woke everyone at 7am when she got up for a shower. So Tim made breakfast, then we headed to the Craft house around 10:30am to make crafts. The triplets each made a treasure box and Kaitlyn made a wooden star wand. Anita begged Tim to make something for her too, so he sat with the girls and got to work!






We all got ice cream after crafts and cooled off a bit. I laid down to take a nap - I was getting real bad sinus headaches and needed to lay down for a bit. Tim and Anita took the girls to the pool. After swimming, we had a late lunch of ham & cheese sandwiches. Then Tim & I took the girls for a walk through the campground and played at the playground.





Tim & I made dinner (HoBo Chicken: Chicken, potatoes, Corn spices & butter in foil) and threw it into the fire (strange, I know!) Kaitlyn and I went to the pool for a bit while everyone else napped. Then it was dinner time & more S'mores!






It was another night of Tim and I sitting by the fire, which I really enjoyed!

By Sunday, we were ready for our camping weekend to be over. We were all tired. The canopy ripped off the camper when Tim was taking it down. "Some" of us were a bit irritable and it was time to come home!



Overall it was a nice experience and the girls really enjoyed themselves. We definitely brought home some special memories from our first (maybe last?) camping trip of 2008!

Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

haha "special memories"...care to elaborate on that? probably not. better you than me on that trip.

CKF said...

Camping looks like so much fun! I haven't been camping for a few years and we "roughed it" with tents!

Those smore's looked yummy!!!! And how cool they had a craft room.