Sunday, August 17, 2008

College friends for life

The first weekend of August brought me together with 2 of my favorite college friends, Jai Wa & Colleen! It is hard to believe we have been friends for 14 years now! I keep in touch with Colleen regularly, however Jai and I have not been able to keep in touch as well in recent years. So I was very excited to see her - and her 2 beautiful daughters Nina (4 years old) & Kara (1 year old).
Everyone met here at my house (one of the benefits of living near the beach!) and the girls warmed up to each other pretty quickly. We ordered lunch and ate here, then headed over to the Longport Beach for a fun afternoon together. It was Kara & Nina's first time ever to the beach, which was exciting to watch their little faces.


Kaitlyn & Nina:

Kara had fallen asleep on the way to the beach, so sweet:


Friends through the years:



Kara wasnt too impressed at first!






After the beach, we came back here to swim for a bit before ordering pizzas for dinner! The girls had some fun with Colleen's underwater digital camera - I may have to get myself one of those!


"Aunt Colleen" posing for a picture with all 6 girls :)

What a fun day - it was so nice to get together and now that I know Jai's house in Delaware is only an hour or so away, we'll have to do this more often. And of course, Colleen and I went on to have a fun weekend (which will continue in the next post!)

Blog sig Kim

1 comment:

CKF said...

It was a fantastic weekend! We so have to do it more often!! I love the pics of the kids-they were all so cute at the beach!! (and everywhere else too LOL!)