Saturday, June 14, 2008

Boating Fun in New Jersey!!

Tim worked hard to get the boat ready for the Summer season and we both worked together to get it all cleaned up and it was SO WORTH IT!!!!!
Cleaning it up...
We now officially 100% love living down here! It is less than 5 minutes from our door to the boat dock. It takes us longer to get the girls ready and pack a bag, than in does to actually get the boat in the water!
We have already taken it out twice, both times were pretty spontaneous. We go through a channel from our dock and we are out in the bay in less than 10 minutes. Tim decided to explore the waters since it has been a long time since he drove a boat down here. So we have to learn the tide schedules and also figure out where its shallow and all. New things to think about that we never had to consider before in PA. It is cool to see all of the familiar places from a different angle. We went down to check out Atlantic City too. And there are some restaurants that you can drive your boat right up to their dock, get out and eat, then back on your way. So that is something we'll have to try out sometime soon. The second time we went out (Thursday June 12)... we actually went out in the ocean! That was a cool experience and the girls loved it (well, except Madison, because believe it or not - she fell asleep!) The boat has had that effect on these girls since they were babies, I guess it is soothing...I know for me it is one of the most relaxing things we do.
So, enough of my rambling...enjoy the pictures!





Unfortunately, the most recent time we went out, I forgot my camera (where was my brain?!) so thankfully my new cell phone has a pretty decent camera on it. That is where these pictures came from. Hopefully they are clear enough...
Seaview Boat dock:

Longport Bridge:






The ocean...I think I see Europe! LOL
...and she's out! It was too darn cute...


There is a woman and her daughter who were at the dock both times we went out - they dont have a boat, but they are there crabbing. They are very friendly and the mom showed us all that she had caught already. She said some days she catches more than 60 crabs! When we got back to the dock after boating on Thursday, she offered us a cooler full of blue crabs! We brought them home, spent waaaay to much time preparing them, then YUMMY! We cooked them up and ate them for dinner that night...





Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

CKF said...

I am so glad you like living in NJ. And the boating looks like so much fun!!

And so it seems, our camera phone does pretty good! I would never know those pics were from the cell phone (if I hadn't seen some of them LOL!)

Hope Tim has a great Daddy's day and you have a great birthday!!

Count Your Blessings said...

Yes I was pretty impressed at how those pics came out from our phone - makes me love it even more!