Friday, September 28, 2007

TGIF

The girls loved their new classroom and teachers yesterday! Our meeting went very well - it seems like they will have a lot of fun and the classes are very structure-based so I know the girls will thrive! We were only there for an hour and of course they didnt want to leave when it was time, which is a good sign! Take note in the pictures, Morgan had a rough morning, but thankfully was able to pull herself together for our visit!





I got a voicemail today from the Case Manager in charge of their admittance, and she said they decided to place them in the afternoon, which is a real bummer to me. I really didnt want them to miss their naps at home, we have been so blessed that they still take solid 2 hour naps each day. So I am going to see if we can get her to change that and put them in the morning class. They start on Monday, but I'm hoping we can make changes even after they begin...once again, please pray for a positive outcome!


Also, yesterday Tim and Poppop went to Lowes and Home Depot to exchange parts for the garage door that they tried to fix. (note: a professional came to give an estimate and is coming to fix the garage door on Monday!) While out, they also went to Walmart and Tim surprised me with a gift I have been wanting since we moved here - a brand new bike! I was so excited! So they came home and we put it together right away. Then Tim and I took all four girls for an hour-long ride on the bike path, all the way to the Seaview School and back...it was fun, but we were all tired by the end!




Last night, Kaitlyn had to study for a math test that she had today - we didnt get her 'grade' back yet, but I know she did well! Here she is doing her Math homework and studying last night:



Today, after taking Kaitlyn to school, Tim and I took the triplets for their annual check-up at our new pediatrician: Kids First in Somers Point. They were AWESOME there! I am so used to seeing an old-school doctor who must be near 70 years old in PA, this was so refreshing! The practice is affiliated with CHOP, they use computer systems (which means no filling out hundreds of forms for me!) The doctor we saw today was Dr. Thorp and she was fantastic. The girls loved her, she was probably in her mid-late thirties, modern, intelligent, the best bedside manner I have ever seen. She was able to suggest a Pediatric Dentist, an Orthodontist (for Kaitlyn) and a Pediatric Opthamologist. Also, she said that all 3 (especially Madison and Morgan) have allergies, she could tell my looking up their noses. And the doctor suggested the girls get the flu vaccine this year.

The girls stats:
Megan ~ Height 3' 4 Weight 35 lbs
Morgan ~ Height 3' 5" Weight 34 lbs
Madison ~ Height 3' 4" Weight 29 lbs

After their appointment, we came home to pick-up Poppop and went to have lunch at Dino's Subs in Margate...people rave about their cheesesteaks and tuna hoagies, so we wanted to try them. They were very crowded, it's a popular place! And the food was very good, we were impressed!

While the girls napped this afternoon, Tim and Poppop put together the bunk beds and got them all set up. So tonight, for the first time, Kaitlyn is in the bottom (full-size) bunk and Megan is on top. Morgan & Madison also have bunk beds now too - Morgan got the top and Madison is on the bottom. They are all so excited! And Morgan and Madison's bedroom looks larger after getting that big bed out of there. I will post pics of them soon!

After the girls were asleep tonight, we ordered Hot Wings from Charlie's Bar in Somers Point and Tim went to pick them up. I have been going through withdraw since we moved here...and they were so good!! Yummy!

Tomorrow, Anita and Carl Heft are coming to visit with Baby Ryan - we are so excited to see them! So of course I will take lots of pics!

Everyone have a great weekend, I'll post again soon!

1 comment:

CKF said...

Yeah on getting the bike! I will have to see if there is a way to bring mine down sometime and we can bike ride together!

Glad the girls liked the school-hope that works out!

Oh-and I had wings last night too! I LOVE them and they are so hard to find good ones!

Have a great weekend!!!
Love ya, miss ya, friends forever!