Thursday, September 6, 2007

First day of School!

What a bittersweet, but exciting day!
Look at that *nervous* smile...

Kaitlyn started First Grade at Seaview Elementary School today.

She was mostly excited, but a bit nervous - understandably so! She kept telling me the past few days, 'But mommy, I'm going to miss you!' Talk about breaking my heart... My first baby is growing up. It truly amazes me how fast time flies and before you know it, in the blink of an eye, they're grown. I know it's a good thing, I am so thankful for my girls.

Watching Kaitlyn at school today made me even more proud. I could see the lip trembling, the fear in her eyes. But she stood tall, held herself together and stayed strong. As she walked away from me, I must admit, a few tears came to my eyes. But at the same time, my heart grew stronger knowing that she will be ok. In fact, she will do great! My beautiful, smart, special little girl, my firstborn baby.

~ Taken before school ~ ~ Tinkerbell backpack from Mommom & Poppop in Florida ~
~ Wearing 'Friend' bracelet from PA Best Friend Jennifer ~
Kaitlyn wanted a part of Jennifer with her on her first day of school

~ Posing with the Proud Mommy ~

~ Riding in our 'Bus'...lol ~

~ This was the crowd outside the school when we drove up!! ~

~ Teacher Mrs. Lhulier ~ Blond hair, blue sweater

So that wraps it up for today. Tomorrow is another day...way to go Kaitlyn!!

No comments: