Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Monday!

What a great weekend! My mom and Cecil (aka Mommom & Poppop!) flew into Atlantic City airport on Thursday afternoon (Mommom's birthday) I had not told the girls, so after we picked Kaitlyn up from school, I told them we were going to explore and see what we could find. We turned the corner at the airport and instantly they saw Mommom and Poppop and started screaming! It was awesome to see how excited they were, and of course I was just as excited!
That night we went to a 'Picnic' at Kaitlyn's school - we ate pizza and hoagies, participated in a book swap and played some games. They also had a free raffle and guess who won.... KAITLYN! She was so excited to walk up on stage and get her T-shirt! We got to meet some new people and talk with Kaitlyn's teacher for awhile, it was really a nice night.

The whole gang!

Kaitlyn & Mommom

Mrs. Lhulier, Kaitlyn's 'Awesome' teacher

Kaitlyn and Anna (her new very good friend!)

Mommom went with me to take Kaitlyn to school on Friday and Poppop stayed home with the triplets. Then Mom and I went to KMart to pick up a few things. Poppop raked our side yard, which previously was unusable due to the 8"+ of dead leaves and debris. Now it looks perfect - and he filled more than 10 leaf bags! Tim also came home before lunchtime, but had to sleep most of the afternoon because he had been up all night flying from California.














After picking up Kaitlyn from school, everyone got ready and we went out for a nice dinner at Ventura's in Northfield. We all enjoyed the food and had a really great time.














After dinner, we drove to Longport beach and walked to the water and took some pictures. It was very relaxing and peaceful with a beautiful sunset.


















Then we came home for our new tradition of 'Movie Night' on Friday nights. They watched a new movie that Mommom had bought them at KMart, called Barbie the Island Princess and loved it! And of course, they gobbled up the popcorn.
Tim and I took advantage of the opportunity and we went to Walmart to pick up a few things. I am looking at a new bike I want to get, but of course they didnt have any in stock. While we were out, Brian and Amanda arrived and they were watching movies with the girls also when we came home.
Saturday we slept in a bit, had a big breakfast together, then went for a walk on the bike path. We played at the playground for awhile and found a little toad at the park - which the fascinated the girls...Kaitlyn even held it which was a huge step!


















While the girls napped, Mom went with Brian and Amanda back to Longport beach again. Then Brian and Amanda left to head back to WCU and we planned our evening. Everyone decided to go to the Ocean City boardwalk and eat dinner at Mack n Manco's Pizza - yummy! I finally found a dragonfly necklace (and earring set) and Tim bought it for me...and best of all - it's purple! ;)
Early Sunday morning, Tim and Poppop took Mom to the airport - her flight took off at 9:00am. Tim and I took the girls to church, then came home for lunch. We grabbed Poppop, got our swimsuits on and went back to Longport Beach for some fun in the sun. The girls were digging in the sand, splashed in the ocean (except Madison who is deathly afraid of the water) and we collected seashells. Tim also went surfing for a bit before heading back home to get cleaned up.
I made Hawaiian chicken for dinner and we all ate together. Unfortunately, the garage door broke and Tim spent the entire afternoon and evening trying to fix it and running back and forth to Lowe's and Home Depot. Poppop tried to help his as best as he could, but they were unable to fix it so we have to call in the professionals...ugh.
Other than the garage door - it was a wonderful, perfect weekend! We miss Mommom so much already and she's only been gone for 1 day, I sure do wish they lived closer. But I am also very very thankful to have Poppop with us - what a help that has been already!
Oh and quick update - I have a meeting with the school officials and education director tomorrow morning at 9am regarding the triplets getting into the preschool at Seaview - please please please say your prayers, I will update tomorrow.
Enjoy your Monday night and hope you're off to a great start to a great week!

1 comment:

CKF said...

I never thought of using powerpoint like that! I can do the same type of thing with that new software I was telling you about (I love it!) I will have to make a pretty banner for my blog!