Monday, January 26, 2009

New Year's (belated...sorry!)

Our New Year's celebration lasted about 5 days and including many stops to visit lots of family!! It was tons of fun (and exhausting!)

It all began on New Year's Eve when I packed up the girls (the car was FULL!) and headed up to PA for our mini-getaway! Unfortunately Tim was away again, so it was just the girls and I.

First, we got spoiled at our friend's Carl & Anita's house - they surprised me with my favorite wings and made yummy food for the girls. It was nice to spend time with them and play with my Ry-Guy!

Then it was off to my cousin Tommy's & his girlfriend Kim's house for more food & fun! Tommy's friend Adam was also there and we had a good time. The girls chased their puppy Nicky all over and he was wiped by the end of the night. We put the girls to bed around 9pm, but of course they played around so long - I brought them down to watch the ball drop at midnight!! That was a first for them and they really enjoyed it! Shortly after midnight, we were all fast asleep!




On New Year's Day, we packed up the car again and headed to my other cousin Karen's house. She made the most delicious breakfast/brunch I ever tasted. Oh.My.Word! We all devoured it! It was great to chat with Karen & Julio and of course the girls had a blast playing with their cousins. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, and our time together went too fast. We will definitely be planning a time when we can go spend a whole weekend with them soon!

Then it was back to Carl & Anita's for some MORE FOOD! My goodness, my belly was constantly full over this holiday! They had some other family there visiting as well and it is always enjoyable spending time with them. 'Little' Ryan isn't so little anymore and he talks up a storm - it's adorable! He knows all the girls names and he calls them 'My Girls'! The love is mutual :)


Sleeping peacefully...






Carl, Anita & their dog Cody:


The girls and I slept over on New Year's night. Then Tim took a Greyhound bus from Atlantic City to Pottstown on Friday Jan 2 (so we wouldn't have 2 cars up there). We ordered cheesesteaks from Ice House Deli (mmmm....) for lunch. Megan lost her first tooth at their house - eating an apple! It had been loose for so long, we were thankful it finally came out! And there were no tears - hurray! She is the first of the triplets to lose a tooth.

Next, it was time to visit Tim's brother Gary and his family! We left Carl & Anita's in the afternoon and arrived in Harrisburg in time for dinner (yep MORE FOOD!). We even enjoyed some yummy cheesecake for dessert!

We exchanged Christmas gifts with them since we didnt get to see them before the holiday. Ian was starting to get the hang of ripping them open by the end!



The guys and the kids played Wii all night. Beth & I went to see the movie Marley & Me. It was good - we had both read the book already and of course the movie never quite compares, but it was definitely worth it for a night out!


Gary was supposed to work Friday & Saturday nights, but he got called off because his nursing floor wasn't busy. It worked out perfectly because we got to have the whole weekend all together!

On Saturday we packed up the kids and headed over to Hershey's Chocolate World for their free tour and then some milkshakes & ice cream! (yep...MORE FOOD!) The girls loved it! They remembered seeing Jon & Kate plus 8 go there and thought it was so cool to be there also!













On the way home from Hershey Park, we stopped for dinner at a wing place. They were awesome! The girls even ate them and of course more full bellies!
Back at their house, Tim made some drinks for us and we played more Wii. Beth offered for me to do all of our laundry there which was a Super help - I got it all washed, dried and folded! And the tooth fairy found Megan all the way in Harrisburg!

Sunday, January 4th was our last day of the 'holiday'. Gary, Tim & Tyler got up early and went to a shooting range to enjoy some guy time. Tim's parents came to Gary & Beth's house to celebrate our belated Christmas. We had good food & more importantly drinks! I needed that to survive the afternoon...




Everyone piled on top of Tyler - poor kid was at the bottom of that!!



We were home by 7pm... got the girls to bed and prepared to head back to work/school the next day... WOW! It was a fun & busy holiday :) We are so blessed to have such wonderful family & friends!

Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I still check this everyday

CKF said...

Good to see some photos and an update but I can't talk b/c I am behind myself! Maybe I will get motivated by you!

Love all the photos-and the food all sounds yummy. Although, I think you should come with me to my 10yr college reunion (I'm sure ben would love an excuse to get out of going lol) and then you can try some REAL wings :)

I love the photo of chocolate covered face Morgan!

talk to you soon!
LYMYFF