Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009!

It turns out that our plans for New Years were not made until the very last minute, so I am extremely happy at how well it all worked out. Unfortunately, Tim is still out of town - so he missed all of Christmas Eve and Christmas - and now NYE and New Years. Sigh. But I am trying to be a good sport and make the best of what we have.

So the girls and I came up to PA this afternoon and spent a few hours with our friends Carl, Anita & Ryan! What a surprise when I arrived to a special treat of my very favorite hot wings in all the world!! I haven't had them since we moved to NJ a year and a half ago - aahhhh they were good! And Ryan is a complete angel - he is talking up a storm now and a total love bug.

Then we came over to my cousin Tom and his girlfriend Kim's house for the night. I just feel so spoiled to have so many people love and care for us the way they do. Once again, we got our bellies filled up with all sorts of yummy treats. And now the girls are 'trying' to go to sleep upstairs while the adults are watching Dick Clark's NYE special on TV.

Tomorrow will include visits with more friends and family, as well as another sleep over - this time at Carl & Anita's house. Then Friday, Tim should be home and ready to come up to PA...for our journey to Harrisburg to spend a few days with Tim's brother Gary and his family. So... we have quite a busy time ahead of us for the next few days.

I am thankful to have my girls and although they make me crazy sometimes - I love them with all my heart and could never imagine how empty my life would feel without them in it.

So here I sit feeling ... hmm... Anxious? Excited? Nervous? I am sad missing Tim. Looking forward to what the new year holds. Contemplating the good, the bad and the ugly from this past year. This night tends to make me more emotional than any other night of the year.

On to bigger and better for the new year!!

All the best and warm wishes to you and yours :)

Blog sig Kim

1 comment:

CKF said...

Sounds like you have been super busy. Sorry Tim had to miss the holidays but I am sure he is as sad as you to miss it all. You miss him being there for the big events but I bet he is jealous you get to be there for all them too. Things always work out in the end. Hey, does he have a laptop with internet access when he is gone? If so, maybe when its something big (or even when its not) you could arrange to "meet up" via webcam? I hope the rest of your weekend is lots of fun!!! Here is looking towards 2009....