Saturday, December 13, 2008

Girls Night

I just enjoyed an awesome Girls Night Out - which was sooo badly needed. One of the moms from school had asked earlier this week if I wanted to come over with a couple of other girls to her place tonight. I wasn't gonna go because Tim and I are going 'away' this weekend (just to a party at a friend's house overnight, but it's a big deal to me!) so I felt guilty going out the night before.
But then Tim's work called to tell him that his week off is being cut short by 4 days... Because they have a trip to Florida leaving this Monday and going for two weeks. Which will only hopefully bring him back in time for Christmas. Needless to say, that info did not go over real well with me. So when my friend called to ask if I was coming tonight, my answer was an immediate YES!
And it was great. I got to meet some new friends - all moms with kids at the school. All fun, social, we had a few drinks, laughed a whole lot and it turns out that's exactly what I needed. Because I came home feeling much better - after only a few hours. So that was very nice.
And we plan to make this a regular thing - at least once a month. I said 'Sign me up!'

Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so jealous! I need a mom's club...just to get away from the boys for a few hours now and again!

CKF said...

That is great that you got to go out and meet new people and have a good time. Laundry night with a few friends is about as close as I get LOL. Sorry about Tim's trips though-I have everything crossed he gets back for christmas with no problems!!