Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Muffin Recipe

As promised, Miss Brooke, Madison's teacher sent home the recipe and I thought I would share it with you! We havent made it yet, but they tasted very good at the farm last week! By the way, they used chocolate chips...yummy!

Ingredients:
3 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
3 c sugar
2 c canned pumpkin
1 c corn oil
2/3 c water
4 eggs
1 c chocolate chips or raisins

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins (with Pam).
In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add sugar and stir again
In medium mixing bowl gently beat together pumpkin, oil and water.
Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
Make a well in flour mixture.
Pour pumpkin mixture into the well and stir until flour is just moistened.
Mix in chocolate chips or raisins
Pour into muffin tins, filling each 2/3 full
Bake at 350 degrees until tester comes out clean (about 15 minutes)
Makes about 7 or 8 dozen mini muffins.

Let me know if you make them.... Enjoy!!

3 comments:

CKF said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am going to copy and paste it to my LJ so I have it handy to try and make. Maybe next week when I have off! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to try the recipe! Any way I can sneak fruits and veggies in the kids diet is worth the effort! Talk soon!

Unknown said...

I made the recipe last weekend and it was a hit! I couldn't help but put a healthier spin on it and wanted to share it with you. I used a cup of grahm flour and the rest with all purpose flour. I also used just two cups of sugar instead of three and you'd never know the difference!