Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Disney Part 6: Epcot!


So, we left Animal Kingdom around 2pm and rushed over to Epcot for the rest of our day (for some reason, both of these parks closed earlier than normal that night).

We arrived at Epcot by 2:30pm and raced to put our tickets into the machine and start our fun! Well... as I mentioned previously, things didnt go as we, er, Tim had planned. They didnt let us in because we did not have the park-hopper pass. We went over to the Guest Relations desk to see what they could do for us. First she offered us the chance to upgrade to the hopper pass for almost $50 per ticket - I was like WHAT?! To make a long story short, the girl was super helpful and changed our tickets in a way that would allow us to forfeit our extra two days (which we didnt need anyway), enter Epcot AND we got over $50 back as a refund! Can you believe it?! My prayers were answered, I was sweating it out for sure. Tim said I worked my magic! LOL
So, after that adventure, THEN we finally entered the park! My good friend Colleen and her husband Ben have their photo permanently etched into the Wall of Legacy at Epcot. So she gave me the coordinates of their photo and... HERE IT IS!


3:15pm - Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3D Movie
3:45pm - Imagination with Figment ride
-- This one brings back so many memories. It was my favorite attraction when Tim and I went to Disney during our Senior Class trip in High School. So we make sure to visit it each time we're there and it has surely changed over the years. The girls loved Figment almost as much as I always have!


4:00pm - The Seas with Nemo Ride
4:15pm - Turtle Talk with Crush
-- Girls got to sit right up front and be part of the interactive show. During our last Disney trip, this show was not impressive, but it definitely improved since then and the girls enjoyed it this time.

Megan was crying because she sat on a 'poky' rock! Her bottom hurt:
5:00pm - Circle of Life
-- Cute movie with Lion King characters about saving the Earth.

5:15pm - Living with the Land
-- Boat ride through greenhouses with real vegetation, it was interesting.

5:30pm - Innoventions East
-- We quickly walked through here, but it was mostly empty and lots of things were closed already (?)

5:45-6:15pm DINNER at Electric Umbrella (near the fountains)
6:30pm - Ellen's Energy Adventure
-- 45 minute ride/movie with Ellen DeGeneres through the Dinosaur Era. Kaitlyn just finished studying a unit on Dinosaurs in school, so she found this one particularly interesting.
8:45pm - GM Test Track
-- We had a 90 minute wait which was terribly long, but we managed to have fun while in line - playing Rock, Paper, Scissors and Thumb wrestling, along with lots of other fun things. The ride itself was awesome and we all loved it! Definitely worth the wait!

9:00pm - Spaceship Earth
-- This is the ride that goes up to the top of the big 'ball'. We were the last to enter before it closed, there were 2 of us per car, they made some improvements and it was a tad more modern. They take your picture when you enter and you can create a postcard at the end, which was very funny!


Unfortunately, Epcot closed at 9pm, so we didnt make it over to the countries at all. And we missed the night time show because we were trying to fit in as many attractions as we could in the short time we had.

When we got back to the hotel that night, the girls watched all the videos we took while in Disney and I loaded pictures onto my computer. Then it was time to get some sleep, since we had to leave the following day...

Blog sig Kim

2 comments:

CKF said...

Sounds like a great day! I am so glad that the girl at the park helped you guys out with your tickets and even got you so money back! Figment is one of my fave places too-I still have a photo of me and Figment from my senior class trip.

And I am glad you guys got to see "us" there. You have to email me that pic! Its very cool looking!!

Glad you had such a great trip!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an awesome time! And I love the in-depth vacation review and pictures. ;) It's a shame that our families missed each while in Florida. Who knows, maybe someday! ;-)