Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Happiness Project

Something hit me this summer, I'm not happy.

Not truly happy within myself.

I am happy about certain aspects of my life. But also extremely unhappy with others. I realized when given free time, all I wanted to do is sleep. I lack motivation, procrastinate worse than ever. I'm easily frustrated or upset, have low self-esteem, and feel that my relationships are suffering.

I want to be the best mom I can be. I want to have a successful, happy relationship with my love. I want to have a clean & organized house where I can feel calm and at peace. I want to have more energy and feel healthy. I want to enjoy my hobbies again without guilt or exhaustion.

Sounds easy, right? Well, I made a conscious decision a few weeks ago that I am going to focus on increasing my happiness! I have a huge library of books already, so I decided to just dig in to some happiness books that have just been sitting on my shelf for years.

My two main resources so far have been:
Stumbling on Happiness
and
The How of Happiness

But then I found another book on my bottom shelf, one that I really wanted to read, but just never started... The Happiness Project.  Wow, this one really got me excited! It is thanks to this book alone that I plan to embark on my own 'Happiness Project' so to speak!

The first steps are basically gathering information & designing a personalized program for myself.

-- First, create a list of 12 overall principles that I want to improve (focusing on one each month for a year).
-- Then, under each principle, create more specific and measurable resolutions.
-- Identify my Personal Commandments - overall principles to guide my behavior and choices.
-- Find a strategy to record progress and hold myself accountable.

My goal is to design a solid plan and be ready to officially start on September 1st!!




Blog sig Kim

No comments: