Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Perspective

So I've been feeling kind of overwhelmed and 'knocked around' these last few months with our financial situation, Tim's job, our house, the kids, blah, blah, blah...

Then today at school, I saw a mom that I haven't seen in several months so we were talking and catching up on each other's lives. I met her when we first moved here because her daughter was in my Madison's preschool class. Well about a year after I met her, she tearfully expressed to me that she had found a lump in her breast and was in the process of finding out the prognosis. Long story short, it was cancer, she suffered through more than 5 surgeries including a double mastectomy plus radiation and some other forms of treatment. Last April the doctors said she was in remission and the future looked bright.

Fast forward to our conversation today - she felt a tiny 'bump' in her breast region in January, went to see her doctor the very next day and by the following week, she was getting operated on again to remove the CANCER - it came back. In these last few months, she has endured 2 more surgeries plus lots of radiation. And this Friday she starts chemotherapy which will last through the end of August.

Meanwhile, her husband tore is ACL along with a few other muscles in his knee and was out of work for six months. Of course she has had to quit her job because of her sickness, therefore they are unable to afford their mortgage. Needless to say, it is now taking a toll on their marriage. Heartbreaking.

I wish I knew why God puts these obstacles and painful experiences in people's lives? It just doesn't make sense to me. They are a hardworking, loving couple trying to do the best in this world and raise two beautiful children. Why??

One thing I do know is that God placed her in my life for a reason and today that reason was to give me a little 'shake' to say 'Count your blessings!' It could be so much worse, there are people out there who are truly suffering. What we are going through pales in comparison. For that I am eternally grateful. But I continue to pray - I pray for the complete healing of my friend and her marriage and family. So, let's keep our lives and our troubles in perspective. And keep your chin up, the sun will come out tomorrow!!

Blog sig Kim

4 comments:

CKF said...

Well said. I hope your friend is ok.

hugs:)

Jill said...

Kim,
I hope everything is working out for you! I found your link saved in my other computer, yeah! So I figured it would be easiest to leave a comment and you can link to my blog from here. I'll catch up more on facebook. Thanks! Have a great day!
Jill

Anonymous said...

This is half entertaining. But then again I'm extremely high right now

Anonymous said...

it was very interesting to read. I want to quote your post in my blog. It can? And you et an account on Twitter?